Renault 10 manifold WTD
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault 10 manifold WTD

Does anyone know if there if there is an "off-the -shelf" extractor type exhaust manifold available to suit a 1300 R10. (in N.Z. OR Aus.) Mecaparts is very expensive, especially after adding shipping costs and a locally fabricated one is almost as much. Before I commit my hard-earned $$$ I thought I should check with AF buddies, many someone knows of some new, old stock lying around.

Advertisement

Thanks, Henry

A guy in Melbourne (Rob Meccenkamp - not sure of spelling) had some Lynx copies made up a number of years ago which Ken at Caravelle imports had some of. Bear in mind I am going back some years now (probably about 10). He also did the single side draft inlets too, but I'm certain there's no more of those around.

If no one from melbourne pops up with current details or contacts for Rob, try ringing or emailing Ken at Caravelle.
    KB
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Default re ex manifold

I doubt that an extractor set would be any better, or even as good as the 1.4 r12 manifold which fits well into an R10, the double down pipe even bends around to fit, it points the opposite direction to the standard manifold but that doesn't matter, worth a thought, regards Fisher.

Default Renault 10 manifold WTD

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

1) I've googled Caravelle and got there contact info, so will give them a call, thanks, KB.

2) I've got an R12 manifold, but don't have the twin downpipes with flange, and I agree that the performance wont be much different. However the cost to have the down pipes made up with new 3 bolt flange plus gasket, will not be much less than a complete manifold, for which I already have a gasket, so I'll have to weigh up the pros and cons and make a decision accordingly. Thanks for the idea, Fisher.

Cheers, Henry.

Hi Henry
    I have one of those exhaust pieces with the bend you can have for the price of postage if you like. PM me your details and I'll work out a postage price.

Anthony.
    Current Frogs:

1964 Renault 8 (1289 / Sonics)
    1968 Renault 10 (Modified 1.4L Alpine White)

Thread Information