Wanted : R18 engine
  • Register
  • Help

Default Wanted : R18 engine

I'm looking for a Renault 18 engine. Type 841 which is a non cross flow with 79mm bores or a 843 cross flow with 79mm bores, as fitted to the 16TX and some R20's (I think?).

Preferably in the Melbourne area. Will consider removing the engine from the car if need be.

Please contact me on 0419 565 959 or email [email protected]

regards

Richard

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted : R18 engine-110918-block-below-starter.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUS EUROPA View Post
    I'm looking for a Renault 18 engine. Type 841 which is a non cross flow with 79mm bores or a 843 cross flow with 79mm bores, as fitted to the 16TX and some R20's (I think?).

Preferably in the Melbourne area. Will consider removing the engine from the car if need be.

Please contact me on 0419 565 959 or email [email protected]

regards

Richard
    Hi Richard,

Nice ventilation holes but I don't think it'll help with the cooling, should have left it like it was.

R20's didn't have that engine here in Australia, 18's only.

If you don't get any responce from the forum I'll ask my mate in Melton who was a few dead 18's. I'm fairly sure he'd have something.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Default Wanted : R18 engine

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the block the other day, and thanks for offer on the R18 stuff in Melton. I have one lead to follow up this week. If it falls thru I'll give you a call.

The holes didn't help with cooling, but assisted in some weight loss! I'll pull the engine out this weekend and see what's left.

Cheers

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted : R18 engine-110918-sump.jpg   Wanted : R18 engine-110918-view-thru-sump.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUS EUROPA View Post
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the block the other day, and thanks for offer on the R18 stuff in Melton. I have one lead to follow up this week. If it falls thru I'll give you a call.

The holes didn't help with cooling, but assisted in some weight loss! I'll pull the engine out this weekend and see what's left.

Cheers

Richard
    Hi Richard,

I spoke to my mate in Melton on Saturday and he has just destroyed his block in his 18 so he needs one of his spare blocks but feels confident there's another one for you.

Nice holes in the sump. surely there's a better way to drain the oil. Glad I wasn't behind you.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Default R18 engine AND NIGERIAN PARTS SCAM

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Hi Richard,

I spoke to my mate in Melton on Saturday and he has just destroyed his block in his 18 so he needs one of his spare blocks but feels confident there's another one for you.

Nice holes in the sump. surely there's a better way to drain the oil. Glad I wasn't behind you.

Hi Dave,

I had just overtaken a gaggle (gellato?) of Alfas, so by covering them with oil I actually did them a favour. I could hear them a rusting above my exhaust note, and I can tell you my exhaust is NOT quiet.

In other news I was contacted by David LLoyd, with a NSW address and UK telehphone number regarding an R18 engine which he was prepared to fly out to me for only 1800GBP!

Turns out the phone number is related to some Nigerian scam. Don't they understand that Renault and Lotus owners don't have any money? What were they thinking?

Just phoned and left you a message regarding your mates R18 engine. If he hasn't go t a block I'll take a set of liners, pistons and rods.

Cheers

Richard Mann
    0419 565 959

Thread Information