504 (inc wagon) & 505 parts
  • Register
  • Help

Default 504 (inc wagon) & 505 parts

It's time for the pre-moving clear out of the stocks. All this stuff has to go.

I'm not asking for money for these bits. If you take it away I'll thank you kindly. (If you take it away and then try to sell it to another frogger, I'll be more than a bit pissed off.) It's all free to fellow froggers if you can use it.

Don't ask me to mail or ship anything please. My time is limited enough without going through those hoops. If you can come and pick it up, fine, if you can't, then either arrange with someone you know in Melbourne to get it for you or just miss out. Sorry, but that's the way it's got to be.

Advertisement

There's also a time limit on how long I can hold it before what's left gets chucked out. We need to have the backyard clear by the end of November preferably.

I've got a lot of 504 stuff, and a bit of 505 stuff, so feel free to ask for particular items.

A set of front panels for a 505 comprising both front mudguards and a good bonnet. Good bonnet is white, other panels are gold.

Same gold car donated a boot lid in good condition and the trim strips that run along the sills both sides.

PM if you're after particular items. As I've said, certainly all of the above is available for free (but donations of fermented liquors are always acceptable)

Some of the other stuff that comes to light may have prices on it, but nothing will be expensive.

Cheers for now, Pottsy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 504 (inc wagon) & 505 parts-504-wagon-tailgate.jpg   504 (inc wagon) & 505 parts-505-front-panels.jpg   504 (inc wagon) & 505 parts-505-boot-lid-trimstrips.jpg   504 (inc wagon) & 505 parts-505-bumper-grille-airdam.jpg  
    Last edited by pottsy; 1st November 2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Cull of the stuff that's gone
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Next project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy View Post
    .................. and a lower airdam off a 1992 wagon that's in metallic blue.

Cheers for now, Pottsy
    I'd be interested in the airdam (thing that goes under the bumper). Mine is that colour and off atm, in need of repairs that have remained in the too hard basket! I've put off fixing it (since an accident) because I've doubted it could be done properly as half of the screw holes are missing.
    Will pm you with enthusiasm Pottsy ,
    Kaye
    Last edited by okalford; 10th September 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: can't spell!

Quote Originally Posted by okalford View Post
    I'd be interested in the airdam (thing that goes under the bumper). Mine is that colour and off atm, in need of repairs that have remained in the too hard basket! I've put off fixing it (since an accident) because I've doubted it could be done properly as half of the screw holes are missing.
    Will pm you with enthusiasm Pottsy ,
    Kaye
    Kaye,

You can repair the broken plastic around the screw holes with fibre glass mat and some resin. If you do from inside the moulding the repair is invisible and very strong.

It's a 10 min job once the molding is cleaned (scotch brite pad followed by some shellite or metho).

If you use a few layers of mat the repair is very stronger than original and permanent.

cheers

Rob

Default 505/504 dipstick and tube

I'm looking for a 505/504 XN 2000 dipstick and tube. Anything in your collection?

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Kaye,

You can repair the broken plastic around the screw holes with fibre glass mat and some resin. If you do from inside the moulding the repair is invisible and very strong.

It's a 10 min job once the molding is cleaned (scotch brite pad followed by some shellite or metho).

If you use a few layers of mat the repair is very stronger than original and permanent.

cheers

Rob

Thanks Rob, I realise that but there is a lot of it broken including the grill parts and it was not the original colour etc so would also need respraying where the paint came off in the crash. If Pottsy is offering I would happily take one that is already the same colour as my car in good condition.

Thanks Rob, I realise that but there is a lot of it broken including the grill parts and it was not the original colour etc so would also need respraying where the paint came off in the crash. If Pottsy is offering I would happily take one that is already the same colour as my car in good condition.

I've never found an unbroken aim dam anywhere. But best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I'm looking for a 505/504 XN 2000 dipstick and tube. Anything in your collection?
    Sorry Rob. Haven't got any XN engine stuff left as I recall. No 1 Son still has his Ti so he's got a couple of spare bits but I don't recall any dipsticks or tubes lying around. When the rain stops I'll have a look.

Kaye, PM sent, the airdam is yours.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy View Post
    Kaye, PM sent, the airdam is yours.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Thanks heaps Pottsy. I'll be in touch to organise picking it up.
    Cheers, Kaye

Tadpole

Default 504 bits

het pottsy,fixing up a 504 wagon and could be looking for a couple of doors.let me know if you find some,cheers brofreeman

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfreeman View Post
    het pottsy,fixing up a 504 wagon and could be looking for a couple of doors.let me know if you find some,cheers brofreeman
    Brother, the only doors I have are one front and one rear sedan 504 doors. (Both rusty but with all the furniture including the early door handles).

I should have a set of glass from wagon rear doors, and the rear side windows as well.

If the person who's put their hand up for the tailgate doesn't want the glass and/or plastic trim, it's yours as nekst (sorry for the phonetics, my keyboard has just decided to ignore the 24th letter of the alphabet, again!) in line.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

The wagon side door and body glass is going with the tailgate.

Still got the wheel arch trims from the rear area (6 seater familiale wagon)

Also just found the rear foldup seat form the same wagon. It's in brown vinyl as I recall but still has the grey seat cover on it that we put on when we bought the car all those years ago.

Shout if anyone wants it and I'll drag it out of the shed for a photo opportunity.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Icon3

PM sent re picking up Pottsy.
    Rob if you need any little bits from Pottsy's let me know and I could pick them up for you on Friday.

As I've said, certainly all of the above is available for free (but donations of fermented liquors are always acceptable)
    Beer or wine?
    Last edited by okalford; 12th September 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: bits and pieces

Beer or wine?
    Yes!

But seriously folks, it was said in jest. I really don't want anything for these bits. We've bought a new house and after 28 years here we've got to make it presentable enough to put on the market.

Gunna be a big job!

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Further investigation in another part of the storage areas has brought to light some more doors.

Looks like the set from the grey wagon I dismantled. Rear doors complete and front doors. Not sure about condition yet, pictures will come when I get to it. (No tailgate)

Next to them is a pair of 504 rear windows with heating strips that appear to be intact.

Also found that I have three XN engines in unknown condition. Once again, need to dig deeper and photograph. Robmac I'll let you know if the dipsticks/tubes are there once I delve deeper.

Got a Borg Warner "35" automatic gearbox complete. I was always going to pull it apart to demystify autos for me, but never got to it.

PM if you're interested.

No charge for any of these, but need to pick up from Eltham Victoria.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Thanks Pottsy. I really worry about leaving my mates car with red mark painted on the dipstick.

Tadpole

Hey Pottsy,

I have a need for a bonnet and a LHF guard for a 505. Also have a need for a LHF headlight. Do you still have these parts?

Greg

Bonnet, a pair of guards and the sill trim strips are sitting patiently awaiting a new owner. Your's to pick up from Eltham.

I'll PM the address.

And Robmac, no luck with dipsticks. One of the motors has one bent up out of welding rod, the otehr no stick at all!

Cheers, Pottsy
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Thread Information