Peugeot 504Ti motor with Electronic fuel injection
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 504Ti motor with Electronic fuel injection

This motor was built with no expense spared to CAMS PRC Regulations for my 504 rally car to compete in the 2009 Classic Outback Trial. I have now fitted a 3L V6 motor and the 4 cylinder is no longer needed.
    The block if from a 505 SLI , compared to the 504 block it has better ribbing , better quality in metallurgy ,is less prone to corrosion , has the long “ stretch “ type head bolts (no more blown head gaskets) and is the last and best of these blocks ever built by Peugeot.
    The head is the last of the SLi heads, these are the best of the Ti / SLI type heads, and has been extensively ported and flowed and port matched to both inlet and exhaust ports.
    Wisco high compression pistons. With the newest generation of thin rings. Compression ratio is 10:1
    Extractors are custom made mandrel bent with 22” header pipes.
    Inlet manifold is a 504 Ti with longer runners for torque and modified to accept electronic fuel injectors and a 70mm Commode throttle body .
    Cam shaft was developed by the late Owen W. it has a good spread of torque and power , pulls well from 2450 rpm and is rev limited ( by ECU ) to 6500 rpm.
    ECU is a Haltech E8 , featuring Sequential injection and direct fire to 4 LS1 coils , wide band O2 sensor , controlled idle via Commodore stepper motor in throttle body. Tunning is via a laptop computer ( included in the package )
    Nissan SR20 Crank angle sensor and home signal is from a sensor fitted into original dissy position.
    Alternator is a 180 amp new when in 2009
    This motor has cost many thousands of dollars and many thousands of man hours to develop but I am prepared to sell for $3000 this is just a fraction of the cost.

Advertisement

If there is no interest in the complete motor, then I may consider parting it out if I receive enough interest in the components. So if you are interested in any of the bits then let’s talk a deal
    As a guide these are the part prices that I would need to get to separate the motor.

Short motor , block head and sump $ 1000
    Haltech E8 ECU , loom laptop $1500
    Nissan crank angle sensor $200
    Extractors $600
    Inlet manifold with fuel rail & pressure regulator , fuel injectors ,throttle body with idle control stepper motor and TPS $800
    Alternator $200
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

How much power does it develop at the wheels?
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by peujohn View Post
    How much power does it develop at the wheels?
    I believe this engine has not been dyno'd, but mine is nearly identical (mine has 45 mm DCOE's instead of EFI and 11:1 instead of 10:1 CR). I estimate that Andy's engine develops a hair over 100 kw at the rear wheels and it is a true steal at this price; freight to Greece is the killer in my case.

Motor sold pending inspection.
    The motor has never been on a dyno , I just tune using the O2 sensor and the data logger on the Haltech using 3rd gear up dyno hill !
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari

Default inlet manifold

hi there, i'm building up a 504 ti motor and i was interested to know what lengths you increased the runners to on the manifold...... and is it easy to do

regards drew

Its a easy job if you dont run the origional Kugelfisher injection pipes , just replace the rubber connectors between the two sections of manifold.
    I made mine 75mm longer then standard, however I have seen photos of the works cars with the pelum chamber hard up on the LHS strut tower
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Citroen DS23 EFi Safari

Thread Information