Renault Parts FS
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault Parts FS

I have 2 off R5 Mk1 Starters for sale. They are Bosch. One is in working condition, the other is also working, but the bendix housing bush requires a special bush made. Cost Post/Freight from Perth WA.

The second is a R5 Mk1 1300 cam ground to Alconi "701" and hardened, not used since grinding. Can be used in R8/10 with cam bearing (included) and cut off drive extension. Cost Post from Perth WA.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault Parts FS-701-cam.jpg   Renault Parts FS-r5-starter.jpg  
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Hi Ray,

If you still have the cam, would that be suitable for my R10 with Virage 1.4L motor with standard manifolds and down drought Weber and if so would the idle be very lumpy ?

I'm only looking for improved performance for the street, not race.
    cheers,

John

J-man, Might be hard/expensive to put the cam bearing into the back of the motor, how much is a local grind on your existing cam?

I thought about this option as well but looks expensive.

This is not a crossflow R5 Gordini cam is it? don't kno much about R5 series motors... cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by 750frog View Post
    J-man, Might be hard/expensive to put the cam bearing into the back of the motor, how much is a local grind on your existing cam?

I thought about this option as well but looks expensive.

This is not a crossflow R5 Gordini cam is it? don't kno much about R5 series motors... cheers,
    Fraser Engineering in adelaide ground a cam for me many years ago. They call them Revmaster Cams but I don't know if they still exist. I'll look them up tomorrow - they were a bargain back then and had many profiles to choose from. They ground my Dauphine G cam to a 1100 Cortina profile which gave a std idle but quite a boost in torque.
    cheers,

John

Default Alconi Cam !!

Hi J-Man/John,

John it is a rather hot cam and would be right at the top end for street, and a bit too much for standard manifolds. For it to work properly it needs air flow, and a bit of compression, and definite exhaust extraction. It would work with a single carb, but jetting would need to be set up properly on a dyno.

As for the blocks in Australian cars, it would need to be checked and decision made as to what is required. That is what verniers were made for. Simon would know if the block needed the cam bearing or not.
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Thanks for that Ray, sounds like it may be best I leave it then. I love the sound of a hot cam, but I want to retain the drivability and be able to drive it in traffic etc without getting too annoying.

Generous offer though Ray
    cheers,

John

Thread Information