R4 parts wanted
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R4 parts wanted

Default R4 parts wanted

I need an R4 bonnet and front bumper and would be interested in any other parts that might suit the restoration of this car! Even an R4 that is full of rust (except the bonnet!) would be OK...and/or any R4 that might be suitable for restoration, at the right price.
    Let me know.

Advertisement

Try Ken @ Caravelle Imports in Melvegas, he used to stock Spanish pirate part bonnets for the early (bread loaf) and late model (rectangular) grille R4. The early bonnet is a good match, but lose the sculpting around the front blinkers, and the prow above the grille isn't as prominent as the factory bonnet. Similar with bumpers, though they only come in the late model style.

I've got a Cosmic Blue R4 semi-rolling shell that my Mum would like to see the back of after 24 years, but it is just a bit too big to pop into a post pack. The shell is fairly rust free, but the floorpan is rusted out. If bits are needed let us know. The only odd bits I've not got are tail light lenses, dash tops, grey parcel shelves, black parcel shelf LHS, cyclone air cleaner dust bowls and probably a few other odds and ends that are likely needed by you.........
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    I need an R4 bonnet and front bumper and would be interested in any other parts that might suit the restoration of this car! Even an R4 that is full of rust (except the bonnet!) would be OK...and/or any R4 that might be suitable for restoration, at the right price.
    Let me know.

Don't tell me you bought the R4 at Seven Hills!!?
    KB
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Don't tell me you bought the R4 at Seven Hills!!?
    KB
    I'm afraid so...bit of a project, I need to retire NOW

Thanks Simon, I'll certainly keep it in mind!

Hey KB, I'd still love to own your pretty R5, but just can't quite afford that at the moment. I'm also looking for an R8....missed out on a few lately!

Fellow Frogger

This R4 is out near Orange, NSW and has been in the paddock for many years. I believe it's relatively early, but I only have this one photo of it and Renault's are not my area of expertise. The photo was taken a couple of years ago, but I expect it's much the same now. If it's the same model as the one you want bits for, send me a pm and I'll see whether anything can be worked out with the owner.

I did mention this one last year, but that was lost with the AF crash and nobody has done anything with the R4 yet. So it's still there, but would best be moved along as a whole unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R4 parts wanted-renault_r4b.jpg  

Thanks David...I think that bonnet is probably a little too far gone, but thanks for the message, much appreciated!

Thread Information