Wanted: 15" STEEL WHEELS any type to fit 205
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Wanted: 15" STEEL WHEELS any type to fit 205

just after any steel looking wheels for my 205si. i had some gti6 alloys and they didnt look right on it.

just after some 15 inch steels. preferably the c5 alloy steels. but im not fussed. even some standard steels off a 307 or something similar would be great.

WITH OR WITHOUT TYRES

im located in north lakes QLD 4509

Advertisement

Cheers. Zach

text or call me if you have anything (0411 297 984)
    My Name is Zach and I Drive a Peugeot 205 SI

I've got a set of 15" steels, think they're off a 406 but not certain.
    Only thing shipping from Tas might be a bit steep.
    If you get stuck though...
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

1000+ Posts

I have sets of Speedlines 15" and i'm in Brissie if thats any good to you. Alloys not steel tho :}
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut403 View Post
    I've got a set of 15" steels, think they're off a 406 but not certain.
    Only thing shipping from Tas might be a bit steep.
    If you get stuck though...
    sounds awesome but tassie is a long way to go. postage will be so much

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    I have sets of Speedlines 15" and i'm in Brissie if thats any good to you. Alloys not steel tho :}
    i like speedlines. but im going for more of a rallye look. so im after steelies. plus i cant really afford speedlines

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    sounds awesome but tassie is a long way to go. postage will be so much

i like speedlines. but im going for more of a rallye look. so im after steelies. plus i cant really afford speedlines
    You may have trouble fitting 15s at the rear, offset is critical.
    Best just to get a set of 405 8 valve steelies, paint them silver or white and fit 185 60 14 or 175 60 14.
    306 wheels have the wrong offset.
    Graham

Fellow Frogger!

Default What offset for 205si?

I've run into the same problem. I want to get some 15 X 7 rims for my 205si, but have no idea what offset to order. I know that for a 205GTI the required offset is ET18, but would it be the same for my si?

I was hoping to match them to some low-profile 195/45/15 tyres and hopefully they'll squeeze in there.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 2065SI View Post
    I've run into the same problem. I want to get some 15 X 7 rims for my 205si, but have no idea what offset to order. I know that for a 205GTI the required offset is ET18, but would it be the same for my si?

I was hoping to match them to some low-profile 195/45/15 tyres and hopefully they'll squeeze in there.
    I don't think 7 inch rims would fit.at the rear.
    Really no point anyway, the car will drive heaps better on the 185 60 14s.
    Graham

Fellow Frogger!

Why won't they fit? Is the si technically that different to a GTI? Just trying to understand the reason and if there's a way around it, that's all.

VIP Sponsor

Why won't they fit? Is the si technically that different to a GTI? Just trying to understand the reason and if there's a way around it, that's all.
    GTi rear guards are cut out bigger, I'm having a little bit of trouble getting clearance for 175 65 14 rally tyres on mine.
    Graham

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that. I suppose there's always the possibility of scraping that rear guard out...

But on the offset subject, let's say I were to somehow overcome the guard obstacle and successfully jam a 15 X 7 wheel back there, would the correct offset for an si be ET18 (same as a GTI)?

VIP Sponsor

Thanks for that. I suppose there's always the possibility of scraping that rear guard out...

But on the offset subject, let's say I were to somehow overcome the guard obstacle and successfully jam a 15 X 7 wheel back there, would the correct offset for an si be ET18 (same as a GTI)?
    About all I can say is that Mi16 wheels will just fit if you use a 5mm spacer, others may have had experience with these wheels on GTis.
    Seems to be quite hard to increase the size of the arches. Also, you would probably then have to fit arch extensions to cover up the mess.
    If you are not too bothered with suspension travel as I am, you may get away with a fair bit more.
    These would be for show only I take it, if you're after performance the GTi Pepperpots are spot on for this car. Don't forget even Formula 1 uses 13 inch diameter wheels with 60 series tyres!
    Graham

The offset changes with width. Whilst 18mm was correct for a 6" wheel it's not for a 7" wheel. For a 205 with 15x7 the offset needs to be 5mm. ie 7" - 6" = 1". Half of one inch is 12.7mm. Subtract that from the original 18mm.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    These would be for show only I take it, if you're after performance the GTi Pepperpots are spot on for this car. Don't forget even Formula 1 uses 13 inch diameter wheels with 60 series tyres!
    Graham
    i was thinking about that the other day, is there any form of regulation in that decision ?

after all say a v8 taxi racer has looowww profile tyres but obviously significantly larger weight to corner with more primitive suspension.

a 205 is only ~200kg heavier than an f1 car, would anyone suggest for short tarmac track day use a 14" wheel is better for a 205 than a 15? or is the choice of tyre a far larger measure of performance between a 60 profile and a 50 ?
    Last edited by spar; 19th July 2011 at 07:29 PM.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    i was thinking about that the other day, is there any form of regulation in that decision ?

after all say a v8 taxi racer has looowww profile tyres but obviously significantly larger weight to corner with more primitive suspension.

a 205 is only ~200kg heavier than an f1 car, would anyone suggest for short tarmac track day use a 14" wheel is better for a 205 than a 15? or is the choice of tyre a far larger measure of performance between a 60 profile and a 50 ?
    Yes, the regulations stipulate these tyres but they obviously work!
    You can get R tyres made for historic categories in the higher profiles, these would be better than low profile road tyres so yes, the tyre is more important than the size and profile.
    Graham

im also keen on 14s.

Fellow Frogger!

If you're keen on 14s get the Pepperpots like Graham recommended. I'm running them on my si at the moment and they're a good fit. If I ever get around to fitting 15s I'll probably be offering mine up on ebay for sale...

like i said im not keen on the alloys. pepperpots or speedlines. i want something similar to the 14" rallye steelies or c5 alloy steelies

I think the Si would look good with the standard wheels widened and wider tyres fitted, would definately suit the look that you are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by 205tim View Post
    I think the Si would look good with the standard wheels widened and wider tyres fitted, would definately suit the look that you are going for.
    hahaha i love the look of wide 13s but its really not my style. i like how narrower tyres feel honestly.

I saw a set of C5 Steelies for sale the other day and they wanted $500.00 for the set of FOUR RIMS without rubber. Highway robery at its best.

It seems to be now, what alot of guys are trying to achieve is the wider (banded) steel rim with stretched rubber for the "rat like" retro look. AND I LOVE IT!

.....sais nothing for handleing, performance or fit but looks uber cool on a retro style car. The golfing community (VW type) are getting it down pat as there is a wider range of models and rims to choose from. The pugs don't seem to experiment in the retro class much, thus there is little knowledge about.

I have searched a few sites and have come up with many an offset calculator and rim lists from different brands of cars showin PCD sizes and offsets and there are quite a few suprising finds - Like a particular Volvo range has a 15" rim, PCD 108 with a offset of 22mm.

Search hard and there will be many more where that came from. The pic is a bit of an exaduration but you can see where im coming. If i could find a cheap set for my 205 - i'd be in like flynn!

Moo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted: 15" STEEL WHEELS any type to fit 205-pic-56718.jpg  
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Tim (tcusack) has a set of these (15x7 ET5) widened 406 wheels which are taking up room in my shed. Ask if he wants to sell. He can only say no.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted: 15" STEEL WHEELS any type to fit 205-p1010113.jpg  

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

AAWWW yeah thats the go. Now that looks tidy!

....haha and I can see he's going to get sh*t loads of PM's now Peter!
    Last edited by PugMonkey; 20th July 2011 at 04:41 PM.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Fellow Frogger!

I would love to see what those look like fitted to an si...

I would love to see what those look like fitted to an si...
    i doubt they would fit without serious mods to rear arch.
    the c5 rims will fit as i had them on my si. i think $500 isnt too bad for a rim that bolts straight onto a 205 and weighs only 4.75 kg without a tyre!
    Last edited by djvu205; 20th July 2011 at 08:29 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 wheels

C5 rims do indeed appear to be a good way to go, although they ain't the prettiest things...

Some good info on them here:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...&hl=steel&st=0

Anyone got any good pics showing what they look like on a 205?
    Last edited by 2065SI; 23rd July 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information