WTD: HDi fuel filter (406 w/ Siemens or similar)
  • Register
  • Help
    Gus

Default WTD: HDi fuel filter housing (406 w/ Siemens or similar)

(Eck, can't rename the thread but it should say 'fuel filter housing')

Aaaarghh! I managed to snap a pipe from the top of my fuel filter housing yesterday.*

Advertisement

Local Peugeot dealership says 2-3 weeks from France or 2 weeks from one which has "landed in the country but not been released to a dealership yet" (seriously?)

I'm begging with a UK ebay seller to send me one via DHL so my car isn't grounded for two weeks.

Anyone have another option? Will take a second hand one if it's clean, I know the fuel systems on these are meant to be very fussy about contamination but I bet keeping it open w/ cling wrap plugs in the fuel lines isn't too healthy for it either.

It's the housing that looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=370351583208

(*) Memo to self: quick release fuel line catches are pushed in, not levered out. How I forgot this having done it once before, I do not know.
    Last edited by Gus; 4th July 2011 at 09:12 AM.

Gus

Ah phew, called the dealer back and they can get me the top part only (the bit I broke) from Sydney overnight. Crisis (probably) averted.

Fellow Frogger

If you so get stuck, quote the part number to a Citroen dealer or wrecker as they used the same engine in some C5's. Trivett, in Sydney probably carry it, but your dealer is probably getting it from someone like them anyhow. If you've damaged the pipe set, you can probably get it the same way.

Thread Information