WTD CX Parts
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: WTD CX Parts

Default WTD CX Parts

Seeking a few parts for my CX2500ie Pallas 1984 build.

Golf Ball ashtray mounting assembly. Yes, this is for the earlier models, but now I have an ashtray and the radio pod, the mounting assembly to join the two is needed to complete the package.

Drivers seat height base and lever assembly. A number of owners removed and discarded these to allow more head room. Guessing the later ( post 1981 ) seats may have a different base and lever, but no experience first hand, with a bit of luck they might all be the same ?

Main Fuse Cover. This is for the larger of the two fuse boxes, located on the left front guard. An accident waiting for a place to happen in the electrical department without the protection of a cover.

Airconditioning sensor mount on the radiator. Just the mount and grommet the sensor sits in. I think it should be located on the upper front left side of the radiator.

Advertisement

All assistance appreciated. Please contact me via email, or phone, by clcking on the signature logo, or PM me. Thanks.

I think I might have the seat height base assembly covered. Definitely now have a fuse cover.

Still on the lookout for the other parts though.

Now there is more to add to the mix.

This is for a 1984 Cx25, the ie fuel injected version. From what I can figure they are the same from 1983 to 1985.

Front indicator assemblies, left, right. Made by Seima. Must good, good enough for registration.

A front bumper bar, the major straight piece across the front, preferably with no holes and dents. The odd pin dent is okay, but must be straight.
    Don't mind having to polish the front bar.

A water hose which goes from the rear of the cylinder head where the bleed screw is located to the heater matrix ( I think ) or somewhere in the bowels of the beastie.

Crank angle sensor.

The relay known to all as BIG BLUE, I'd really like one of these as a spare. I have a feeling mine is playing up now.

Thanks, there must be someone out there with these parts, they can't all have been scrapped, surely.
    I will try to assist with some other parts if you feel the need to swap.

Same contact details as in the initial post. Thanks.
    Last edited by richo; 8th July 2011 at 09:06 PM.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Indicator lenses are best found new (they appear sometimes on ebay UK). I dont' think I've ever seen a decent one fitted to a car. Heater hose ?? Can you picture the peice you need. Most likely a "new" bit of hose from the local hose place will be better than an old 30year old heater hose from a wreck. THe hose that perishes is usually the place you speak of, over to the intake manifold on a carby car. Not sure about the injected cars.

Seat adjusters ... All chucked out years ago .... You can't fit in the cars with the damn things still fitted.

Big blue ... Used on local cars, your local auto electrician will have one. You also need a spare flywheel sensor (as do I, I must get one someday before I'm left stranded).

Perfect front bumper .... Hang on gotta get this out of my system .... ( ). Yeah there sitting on the shelf in my shed, right along side the good door trims and steering wheels Who know though, you may get lucky. I have no doubt plenty of CX's have been scrapped with good bumpers still attached.

I must have 1/2dozen front 2nd nose ID bumpers here too... and none good enough to fit straight to a car Citroen owners seem to "store" junk all the time, dunno why.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

G'day Shane,
    So if I take the "big blue" relay to an auto elec you reckon they'll have one ? Certainly not here in southern Tassie.
    They just look strangely and say why can't you buy one from the Citrun dealer?

Seat height adjuster assembly. Shane, i'm short in the legs, need one of these and hopefully, as I put in th post above, should have one by the weekend. My back and crook knee will be well pleased.

The water hose is a reduced diameter from where it fits to the cylinder head, of course the housing too is as rotten as a chop.

I've got a really, really, nice brown steering wheel for a front bumper, or a set of indicators.

I've been looking on eBay UK ( and other locations ) for the past month and have not seen an indicator lens, or an assembly.

I have a NON perfect bumper Richo...which is all yours if you want it. Was badly repaired at one stage, but could be re-furbished
    1980 CX2400
    2000 Xantia Wagon

I have several bumpers ... the problem is I know there not good enough for Richo. There is one really good one there (the one and only I have) but it belongs to the C-matic that's patiently waiting to be painted and put back on the road. I've never had an injected parts car so I will not have the hose he speaks of on a wreck.

My father tried to get a big blue years ago .... The local auto-electrician had one on the shelf, don't ask for Citroen, just show them the tachometric relay. Possibly the same as VL commadores (they'd be the right era).

I just checked CX basis, they have them for 37euro (used).

It looks like CX basis have a variety of indicator lights, possibly not the exact ones your after. Gee's there expensive though Then again there a lot cheaper than a hyundi indicator lense from the local hi-undi store no doubt

A new pair of headlights and indicator lenses make all the difference in the world to the way a CX looks .... sadly the value of those four items new is far more than most CX's sell for

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Gee's I can't find any indicator lenses and ebay in any country

I can look through everything I have here and see if I can "make" a roadworthy set. Most have a least one stone chip, and they look crazed/faded within a few short months of being fitted to the cars. The lenses also fall off them, and the clips down the side break.

If I can make a roadworthy pair, I'm happy to lend them to you. But I'd need them back for my own car! ... and they probably won't be "pretty".

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Gee's I can't find any indicator lenses and ebay in any country

I can look through everything I have here and see if I can "make" a roadworthy set. Most have a least one stone chip, and they look crazed/faded within a few short months of being fitted to the cars. The lenses also fall off them, and the clips down the side break.

If I can make a roadworthy pair, I'm happy to lend them to you. But I'd need them back for my own car! ... and they probably won't be "pretty".

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Hi Shane,
    No thanks ( on the loan ), my need is to purchase and own.Thanks for the offer however.

With respect, I tihnk you'll find the " Big Blue " relay will need to be a specific supply, so too will the other parts I am seeking, unless they can be found or someone offers them for sale.

BTW, the CX and my Safari will be my daily drivers, no matter the weather. I want to use the cars.

UFO

I had the details on the relay replacement pre GAFC. Will search my email. It's a Hella I know that. As in Hellavagoodrelay for a lot less $$$.

It's a HELLA p/n 4RP 008 189-111 and is black, not blue- and here's a picture I prepared earlier.

I did get this from GSF but it may be available locally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTD CX Parts-0280230009.jpg  
    Last edited by UFO; 7th July 2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Hi Richo,

my father got one locally ... there dead easy to find. Do you want me to go to the local place and verify what the big blue is so you can order one down in Tassie ?

He bought it home, plugged it in and found the car still didn't work (dirty connection in the wiring plug) so returned it for a refund.

It's just bosch injection, it shouldn't be hard to find The flywheel sensor however ...................................

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Thanks Craig and thanks Shane.
    Shane, if you are able to go to the local place, if they happen to have one.......please.

Believe me, it isn't as simple ( to buy ) here as the majority of folk behind the counter.

Thread Information