WTD Driver's electric window mechanism '94 306 SR
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default WTD Driver's electric window mechanism '94 306 SR

Hi everyone

Electric window mechanism driver's side (the workings inside the door), 1994 306 XR manual.

A friend's daughter just back from OS is looking for a cheap car and has found a 1994 2-door 306 XR manual with 185K on the clock for $1700! They rang me, as a long-time 306 XT owner, to ask my opinion. Love the 306 - best hatch Peugeot ever made, in my view, but obviously I can't offer an opinion on the mechanical condition of the car in Q. Driver's electric window isn't not working though. Car looks/sounds clean otherwise and at $1700, it won't break the bank.

Anyone selling a suitable window mechanism? Price? Any idea of how much it will cost her to fit this?

Many thanks your feedback

Puglette

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Puglette View Post
    Hi everyone

Electric window mechanism driver's side (the workings inside the door), 1994 306 XR manual.

A friend's daughter just back from OS is looking for a cheap car and has found a 1994 2-door 306 XR manual with 185K on the clock for $1700! They rang me, as a long-time 306 XT owner, to ask my opinion. Love the 306 - best hatch Peugeot ever made, in my view, but obviously I can't offer an opinion on the mechanical condition of the car in Q. Driver's electric window isn't not working though. Car looks/sounds clean otherwise and at $1700, it won't break the bank.

Anyone selling a suitable window mechanism? Price? Any idea of how much it will cost her to fit this?

Many thanks your feedback

Puglette
    We have them in stock.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    We have them in stock.
    Great. How much, David?
    And any idea of cost to fit?

Thanks
    Puglette

Quote Originally Posted by Puglette View Post
    Great. How much, David?
    And any idea of cost to fit?

Thanks
    Puglette
    Its the quick or the dead around here. I just sold my last one about 5 minutes ago. Someone came to the counter and bought it, I thought it was you until I read that your in NSW.

I thought there was 2 in stock but the other one is a 4 door.

Price is $165.00
    A bit of mucking around to fit them because there riveted in so the old one has to be drilled out and the new one either reveted or bolted in, could be 1.5 or 2 hrs labor.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Its the quick or the dead around here. I just sold my last one about 5 minutes ago. Someone came to the counter and bought it, I thought it was you until I read that your in NSW.

I thought there was 2 in stock but the other one is a 4 door.

Price is $165.00
    A bit of mucking around to fit them because there riveted in so the old one has to be drilled out and the new one either reveted or bolted in, could be 1.5 or 2 hrs labor.
    It certainly is the quick or the dead! Many thanks for the price and info, David. BTW, the car in question is a 3-door (2 + hatch). How does the driver's window mechanism differ between that car and the 4-door you mentioned? I could understand if it was the door locking mechanism, I guess, but I'm assuming that the window mechanism for the driver's window is the same whether it's a 3-door hatch, a 5-door hatch, or a sedan. Or is there an electrical relationship between the window mechanism, the locking mechanism and the number of doors? Am I asking a silly question?!!

Thanks
    Puglette

Thread Information