Mi16 oil filter
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Mi16 oil filter

Fellow Frogger!

Default Mi16 oil filter

I need the oil filter housing that screws onto the block to which the filter itself is then screwed. As the Peugeot engine runs an oil cooler this fitting has the inlet/outlet attachments to use an oil cooler.

Advertisement

Tadpole

Are you after the conversion back from the remote oil filter setup to be able to screw a filter straight onto the block? Or the conversion to a remote oil filter setup. I ask as I'm about to convert her indoors 205 Si to the remote oil filter setup. To save my knuckles on oil filter changes.

If you only have the block side of the remote kit, you can get aftermarket oil filter holders, then get Pirtek (or equivalent) to make up the hoses for you. Bonus being a Z9/Z30 oil filter costs $5. instead of $20 for the z154.

Not exactly certain what you are after....
    The Mi16 as you say has an oil/water plate cooler. If you want one of those, I can help you out. If you have a cooler and want to get rid of it, you have all the parts you need already.
    When you remove the cooler, the block is already prepared for a filter, all you need is to put a threaded nipple back in the block - again I can help you out with that if you want one.
    I have a remote oil filter running a Z9 on my Mi16 with a dry sump - pretty extreme, but it is a track car.

In fact, if you want a remote oil cooler (oil to air) I can help you out with that too - this was the first generation of changes I made to the oil system on my Mi16 - now removed.

Cheers.
    Last edited by racing405; 27th June 2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Further information.
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

Fellow Frogger!

Default oil cooler adaptor

I have an r8 Gordini motor that currently has the spin off oil filter mounted directly to the block.I havean oil cooler and wish to fit it,but to do this I need the adaptor which fits between the oil filter and the block as it has the inlet/oulet pipe connections for the oil cooler.It was suggested to me that a Peugeot item may fit so this is what I'm after.Cheers Chris.

1000+ Posts

I have got that item i am sure. Pm me
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Quote Originally Posted by chris hartwell View Post
    I have an r8 Gordini motor that currently has the spin off oil filter mounted directly to the block.I havean oil cooler and wish to fit it,but to do this I need the adaptor which fits between the oil filter and the block as it has the inlet/oulet pipe connections for the oil cooler.It was suggested to me that a Peugeot item may fit so this is what I'm after.Cheers Chris.
    The Mi16 oil filter mount won't allow you to fit a remote oil cooler. The Mi16 part actually contains an oil cooler that uses the radiator fluid as the cooling medium. So, the oil circuit goes straight through the cooler, through the filter and then back to the engine oil journals, while the other side of the cooler is connected in loop from the cool side of the radiator to the hot return side.

What you need is a remote oil cooler kit. You can buy these at amlost any auto shop, just get the right threaded centre post. I don't know the Gordini engine at all, but expect that the threaded spiggot the filte spins onto is removable. Take it out of the block and measure the thread, take the results to a decent auto spare shop and they should sort you out. It is is the same thread as the Mi16 (M20x1.5 from memory) then I can help you out with a slightly used unit....

Cheers.
    racing 405

Fellow Frogger!

Default Oil cooler adaptor

I'll check the threads out and let you know,but are you saying that if the thread is the same I can use the Peugeot adaptor to do what Iwant?:

Default Your oil filter and cooler.

If you want to fit the remote cooler, you need the remote oil cooler adapter. The MI16 filter mount won't allow you to use a remote oil cooler. It will allow you to plumb your radiator fluid through one side of the plate cooler in the filter adapter only.

The remote oil cooler housing will fit on in the same place as long as you have the right threaded spiggot to clamp it to the block. I think my kit cost me $90 but excludes hoses.

Send me an email and I will send you back a photo of the set up on my 405, the original 405 cooler and a suitable remote oil cooler adapter.

Cheers.
    racing 405

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by racing405 View Post
    If you want to fit the remote cooler, you need the remote oil cooler adapter. The MI16 filter mount won't allow you to use a remote oil cooler. It will allow you to plumb your radiator fluid through one side of the plate cooler in the filter adapter only.

The remote oil cooler housing will fit on in the same place as long as you have the right threaded spiggot to clamp it to the block. I think my kit cost me $90 but excludes hoses.

Send me an email and I will send you back a photo of the set up on my 405, the original 405 cooler and a suitable remote oil cooler adapter.

Cheers.
    Hi,

Thanks, I think I'll purchase the correct adaptor from Meca Parts.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Thread Information