WTD gti 205 fuel pump.
  • Register
  • Help

Default WTD gti 205 fuel pump.

anyone got a good secondhandy working or not. or know a place to buy a new one. trouble is i need the whole assembly not just the pump as my case has send better days and the rubbers that hold the pump in place have perished, well they have actually turned to jelly should probley mention that i have tried EAI, caravelle and local peugeot dealer to no avail.

Advertisement

has anyone even got a non working pump that i can use for the housing need to be gti one? apparently you can buy the pumps but my housing is cactus.

Good morning,

Im sure i have one lying around, where abouts are you from? Im in sydney.

UFO

The pump itself should be a standard off the shelf Bosch model that fits about 60% of the wide range of injected petrol cars from that era. I reckon you could even go to a wrecker and get a fuel pump from a Commodore or Camira and it would be identical.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

the pump is a std off shelf item and yes it probley is in other cars which ones im not sure of. was quoted $500+ for bosch item. can get after market one for around $150. i can get the actual pump new but it is the housing in my car that is the problem all the special rubbers that hold the pump in the housing have turned to jelly and perished. i could just fudge it up and put it back together but while it is out i would like to fix it properly.

from what i have learnt so far there are a few different types of pumps too. my si pump fitted straight in and worked but not sure if it is the same or not flow etc? one being muti point inj and the other being single point inj? casing and plugs where identical. i have come accross different pumps in different cars also.

mine is a bosch pump and the plug from the loom plugs into the top of the pump at 90 degrees, where as some others i have seen have wires coming out from the top of the pump with a plug on the end of that?

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by djvu205 View Post
    the pump is a std off shelf item and yes it probley is in other cars which ones im not sure of. was quoted $500+ for bosch item. can get after market one for around $150. i can get the actual pump new but it is the housing in my car that is the problem all the special rubbers that hold the pump in the housing have turned to jelly and perished. i could just fudge it up and put it back together but while it is out i would like to fix it properly.

from what i have learnt so far there are a few different types of pumps too. my si pump fitted straight in and worked but not sure if it is the same or not flow etc? one being muti point inj and the other being single point inj? casing and plugs where identical. i have come accross different pumps in different cars also.

mine is a bosch pump and the plug from the loom plugs into the top of the pump at 90 degrees, where as some others i have seen have wires coming out from the top of the pump with a plug on the end of that?
    Maybe somone put a GTi pump in your Si.
    The GTi and Si plugs are different, one is male the other female.
    Graham

graham i am starting to think that maybe someone put an si pump in the gti! the si looked like it had never been touched but the gti looks sus.

Thread Information