Wanted: Mi16/BX16v engine
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Wanted: Mi16/BX16v engine

If any body knows of an motor from a Mi16 or BX16valve could they please let me know as I desperately need one. With or without loom and ecu (prefer with) and in New Zealand or Australia (prefer NZ).
    Please email me with any details.

Any help much appreciated, possible finders fee.
    Cheers
    Izza

Advertisement

hey Izza,

the wreckers here will have a few, i'll go take a look tomorrow for you if i get a chance.
    there shouldn't be a problem finidng one at a wrecker in sydney though.
    prices start at $1500AU for just the motor so it's not cheap and they're straight out of the car and havent been touched so you dotn know what you're buying.
    have you considered importing from the UK?
    if you dont mind waiting 2 months you could find something half decent for less cash.

Andreas

Fellow Frogger!
    cheers andreas. I have a feeling that pug's are much cheaper in NZ that aussie. I was looking at a 1.9 8v NZ new, 75000kms for around $750 ($500 exchange for my motor). So I would expect an mi16 to be about NZ$1000-1200 over here. I'm going to Auckland in the New Years, so I'll spend a bit of time on the phone and try and hunt one down. I know there out there (i've seen 10 mi16s in Christchurch pop: 200,000) it's just a matter of finding one.
    Cheers
    Izza

Izza: when in the new year are you coming up to Auckers? Might be good to catch up.

ps. I dont know if you got my email, but I sent one, was basically saying that the Australian/NZ version of the 16v engine was also detuned, 150bhp compared to the 160bhp of a standard UK spec engine. Different compression ratios, like the 8v, as I understand it. Sorted

Oh and Im going away for the next 5 days (sun and surfing, ), so it might be a while before I reply to anything....

Thread Information