CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale
  • Register
  • Help
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Default CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale

Hi Guys,

well my father has sold the old CX wagon.... Yep probably the soundest CX wagon in Australia will hopefully be back on the road soon.

Given the cars gone, I have no use for CX diesel parts. Several years ago I paid a lot of money for a bunch of parts to someone in Melbourne (they had shifted from UK bringing a stack of CX diesel parts with them obviously not realising there was no cars that suited them in Australia). I paid over $1,000 for the trailer load of parts, so I won't be giving this lot away. These parts are the reason the guy wouldn't negotiate on price much (yes the parts I couldn't use were the best of them).

keep in mind I HAVE NOT PERSONALY CHECKED OR TESTED THESE PARTS. I CAN ONLY PROVIDE THE SAME DESCRIPTIONS PROVIDED TO ME. Anyone that wants testing performed on them pays for it at there own risk.

CX DTRII head. Apparantly tested and ready to be fitted. No guarantees obviously, however it's been acid dipped at looks like all the gasket surfaces have been touched with a surface grinder *just* enough to clean them.

The original turbo II diesels suffered porous blocks. Apparantely what I have here is the very low milage remains of a warranty exchanged engine that suffered from a porous block. Note: surface rust from being in storage for so many years on the crank and bearings.... However the crank journal are taped so it's most likely still as usable as the day it was removed. The surface rust wipe off the bearings. NO GUARANTEES.

Advertisement

turbo diesel pumps. One looks like it's been checked at some point, one looks like rusty junk (apparantly working, everything looks like rusty junk that's been pulled from a pommy car ... ). The other is apparantly fully rebuilt and tested but never fitted. Note: it's been sitting for many years. No guarantees. The second head there is apparantly good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx1.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx2.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx3.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx4.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx5.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx6.jpg  

CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx7.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx8.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx9.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx10.jpg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

There is two turbo charges there, one including the wastegate and manifold. I'll be keeping one of these as I'm pretty certain it's the same turbo as the petrol turbo. Anything you see in the piccies that fits my petrol CX's isnt' for sale... .eg: I noticed there is a roll of windscreen surround trim in one of the piccies... that's not for sale.

I rebuilt the starter in the wagon here with new drive etc.... then my father bought back a reconditioned starter from the UK. So there's a new un-used starter motor there too (I may have said that'll go with the car, but the guy will never wear out the rebuilt starter in the car).... hmmmm.... THere is also quite a few deisel specific hoses there. I think the intercooler and hoses down to it maybe fit a petrol CX. Possibly I might sell them too.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx11.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx12.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx13.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx14.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx15.jpg   CX2500 Turbo Diesel II parts for sale-cx16.jpg  

'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

You had all this the whole time!!? I wish I had known this when my CX diesel did a big end.....well I suppose you didn't want to sell it then.

I take you can't just bolt the turbo bits to a non-turbo 2500D lump to convert it?
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Quote Originally Posted by Andy N View Post
    You had all this the whole time!!? I wish I had known this when my CX diesel did a big end.....well I suppose you didn't want to sell it then.
    You will be happy to know that Dieter (with the blue turbo diesel CX wagon) has got two spare non-turbo 2500 diesel engines just down in the Brisbane bayside that you could have used back then ....
    C5 Touring 2008, CX 2400ie Prestige '81 (with dead gerbox), CX 2400 Pallas C-Matic '80, CX2400 Super Familiale C-Matic '79 (to be scrapped very soon) , CX2400i Familiale 5-spd (to be scrapped), GS 1220 Wagon '78 (next project), ID19 '64
    CX Register

Quote Originally Posted by kimmo View Post
    I take you can't just bolt the turbo bits to a non-turbo 2500D lump to convert it?
    You probably could .... They may have re-enforced the turbo diesel block though ( ?? ). All the turbo does is blow more air into the motor ... So you would need a turbo injection pump (there is 3 there) that will allow extra fueling.... More fuel and more air == more power. You can't get more power from a diesel without a turbo ... increase the fueling without a turbo does nothing as you need something to add more air so it'll burn.

These parts are from a Turbo Deisel II. They were the fastest, most frugal passenger car in the world in there day. They set a lot of records in there time those cars. I've read before they set a lot of passenger car speed and economy records when they were released. Recently I read a road test on a 505 TD .... Little wonder the CX's were raved about. The 505 (it's direct comptitor) was woefuly slow, gutless and very fuel in-efficient in comparison. The 505TD they tested in Australia was 0-100 in about 20seconds, and returned 28mpg.... The CX will do 0-100 in about 10->11seconds and 40mpg.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

I wonder if Dieter's turbo diesel is actually a standard 2500D with the retro fitted turbo. I need to find out when I see him next time.
    Did Turbo Diesel I have an inter-cooler at all? The intercooler added 25bhp power, that is quite impressive.
    CX Register

Quote Originally Posted by kimmo View Post
    I wonder if Dieter's turbo diesel is actually a standard 2500D with the retro fitted turbo. I need to find out when I see him next time.
    Did Turbo Diesel I have an inter-cooler at all? The intercooler added 25bhp power, that is quite impressive.
    I'm pretty sure that weeny little intercooler wouldn't make much difference. Yes the turbo II had one (after the re-design of the nose to fit it in ... ie: plastic bumpers).

I think you'll find the boost characteristics and lower compression ratio is slightly lower on the later diesel. Pretty sure there as quick as a standard (non turbo) petrol GTi, but have a hell of a lot more torque.

I'd love to get my hands on a CX2500 DTRII 8seater wagon

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

***sold***
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Thread Information