FREE - 1964 ID Safari bits - Southern Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Default FREE - 1964 ID Safari bits - Southern Sydney

I was contacted during the week by a person helping a friend tidy the yard of a house in a southern Sydney suburb. Some of the junk is the remnants of a 1964 ID Safari that was parked in the yard circa 1975. The owner passed away some weeks ago and the son is now trying to remove some bits and pieces and thought Citroenistes might like some things. Mrs UFO, DS and I went to investigate today.

The ID is in a very sad state and certainly was past restoration. However the complete drive train is still there, and being a Safari it is the older three bearing engine with the DS head, Weber carby etc. There are also driveshafts attached and at least four centre bolts wheels plus some other bits and pieces. We were advised that the engine only had 40 000miles on it when last run.

We did see panels in a shed but they are rotten and no use. There is a Safari tow bar attached but removing it could be a little challenge and we could not see underneath to determine its viability as a usable part.

If you are interested and capable of taking away any of this wreck please phone me on 0418 484 798 and I will advise the address for collection. Pls call during reasonable hours.

Access to the wreck is easy via a decent flat driveway.

Unless bits are taken by the end of March they will end up in the hands of a metal recycler.

Advertisement

I will not be going back to the site so am unable to go and get bits for others. No time available.

Here is one photo for an idea of the challenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FREE - 1964 ID Safari bits - Southern Sydney-dead-id.jpg  
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO

Forgot to add, there is also a FREE bonnet to suit a 64 ID. It looks in reasonable nick except for a dent on the left side - should be repairable.

Pics attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FREE - 1964 ID Safari bits - Southern Sydney-p1100291.jpg   FREE - 1964 ID Safari bits - Southern Sydney-p1100292.jpg   FREE - 1964 ID Safari bits - Southern Sydney-p1100293.jpg  
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO

The entire kit is now claimed. Game over.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information