regulator for 1974 DS23
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default regulator for 1974 DS23

Hi!
    my very fist post! i just bought the dream car i saw for the first time 35 years when i was 16, a DS! perfect for rust and mechanicals except that my regulator is putting out 15 volts and my auto electrician cannot source another one. any suggestions out there from those who know this territory much better?
    thanks very much
    Howie McQuarrie
    040404-44-33

Advertisement

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by howie_mcquarrie View Post
    Hi!
    my very fist post! i just bought the dream car i saw for the first time 35 years when i was 16, a DS! perfect for rust and mechanicals except that my regulator is putting out 15 volts and my auto electrician cannot source another one. any suggestions out there from those who know this territory much better?
    thanks very much
    Howie McQuarrie
    040404-44-33
    Howie,
    You can go this way to keep your car original, supplier is very prompt and reliable.
    http://www.citroworld.com/tableaux/i...=65&itemId=673

...or get your sparkey to fit an alternator with inbuilt regulator, many have gone this way and will advise which alternator is an easy fit.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information