Wanted: DS tri-lobe housing - later type (one piece, no ball liners)
  • Register
  • Help

Default Wanted: DS tri-lobe housing - later type (one piece, no ball liners)

Hi,

I am after a tri-lobe housing for a 1972 DSpecial 21, later type, one piece steel without the liners for the balls, rather than the earlier aluminium/alloy type, with steel liners for the balls to run in.

I'm in Sydney (just south of the city centre). I will be at the Citroen NSW club meeting on Monday 28th Feb evening (car boot sale event), if anyone has one and will be going along to the meeting (or knows someone who has one who is going along, and can let them know). Or, give me a call and we can sort out picking up/posting, etc.

Cheers,

Advertisement

Dan
    0415 514 873

Fellow Frogger

You can apparently get new items if you look under Transmission for DS/ID at Myparts.org, but listed at 277 Euro. They are heavy, so freight will be expensive.

I can understand why you might want a new part, but a decent used driveshaft, which will of course have some wear in this part, would be easier to find. Left or right? They are different lengths?

It's for the passenger (LH) side.

Second hand in reasonable condition would be fine. My one is worn as anything, so a decent nick second hand unit would be a vast improvement!

Cheers,

Dan

Fellow Frogger

I've sent you a private message in case you missed it.
    Did you find the track rod you were after?

Thread Information