DS / ID 19 Valve spring thrust washers.
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS / ID 19 Valve spring thrust washers.

Hello I am still looking for the thrust washers to go under the spring seats of the old long stroke D head.
    The head I am renovating came without these parts when I found it. They are part number DS 124-97 according to Roger. He also sent me the dimensions, the only question remains is the standard of material used to make these parts. Obviously it would need to be better than mild steel. Life would be so much easier if someone had an old unserviceable head they they do not mind cannibalising. I need 8, one for each outer valve spring. Strangely I already have the seat thrusts for the inner valve springs. This is just as well as they are an unusual shape and complex to make.
    Cheers Gerry

Advertisement
    Last edited by gerrypro; 18th February 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Everyone who started dismantling DS/ID cylinder heads----STOP STOP STOP. I have found what I am looking for in amongst my own sets of washers. It seems that I bundled them in with a load that went off to 'Ballarat Heat Treaters' for Zinc plating. That disguised them perfectly as just another bright shiny bit.
    Cheers Gerry
    And thanks to all who made the effort!!!!

Thread Information