WTD - CX - Series 1 front bumper
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Default WTD - CX - Series 1 front bumper

Celeste CX is going in for some work soon and although her front bumper looks OK, she really could do with a new one or perhaps parts there of. Prior to us buying her - sorry Mrs UFO buying her, she had a minor altercation with the rear wall of a brick garage, slightly bending the bar, putting a small tear in the right end piece some dents.

Advertisement

If anyone has a front series 1 CX bar that they would like to see go to a new home, please Private Message me. Preferably Sydney or nearby, but through the mighty power of aussiefrogs almost anything is achievable.

Thanks
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

this might sound dumb .............. but a really good front bumper is hens teeth. Martin Bray asked me a couple of years ago if I had any good CX front bumpers 'Yeah several'............ Imagine my surprise when I checked every single car including the one I drive to find they all had damage somewhere, even if it was just a big stone chip like ding.

If it's only the end peice, you may have more luck? I finally have one perfect bumper here..... It required me taking the whole car to get it though .... It's obviously not for sale. If I can find a second one though ............................. Some bumpers look perfect ........ until you remove the number plate and find a big ding behind it. You see car towbars generally line up exactly with the numberplate, so if anyone with a towbar has nudged the car in the past, they bend the bumper and numberplate.

If there is someone around that can straghten these stainless bumpers I may have one that's "close" to good, but with big stone like dents in them.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Shane There are still people out there who can Knock the dents out and make the bars look as good as new. Mine was done by Eastern Metal Polishers in Bayswater. He also did the dish covers for the wheels.
    Any bumper with a small amount of damage IE dents and no tears can be repaired.
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Celeste CX is going in for some work soon and although her front bumper looks OK, she really could do with a new one or perhaps parts there of. Prior to us buying her - sorry Mrs UFO buying her, she had a minor altercation with the rear wall of a brick garage, slightly bending the bar, putting a small tear in the right end piece some dents.

If anyone has a front series 1 CX bar that they would like to see go to a new home, please Private Message me. Preferably Sydney or nearby, but through the mighty power of aussiefrogs almost anything is achievable.

Thanks
    I'm on the wrong side of the country but depending on which piece/s you require could get them to you in Sydney by personal courier in a few weeks. Let me know exactly what you want and it may be on 'Grace'
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

UFO

Stuart Dammery has kindly offered a spare parts bar he has and I will collect during the next week. This may yield the bits I want.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information