405 MI 16 Engine 4 sale
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 MI 16 Engine 4 sale

Have a 405 MI 16 engine that I need to sell - purchased in Nov 2009 from a fellow member who sold his MI 16 for parts. The intention was to put into son's straight series 1 405 which has a blown engine - however sadly due to time and money restraints this has never happened.

I can't find the original thread that goes into exact detail - but I remember it had only done about 66,000 kms because it was a japanese import from memory - but I think I still have the original owners details and hopefully can confirm this. It is still wrapped in plastic on the pallet and comes with most of the engine hoses and the transmission - looking for offers over $700. - Paid $1,200

Also have the original series 1 405 to go for wrecking - it is a nice looking body with no panel damage - charcoal grey paint and has a "Gutterman??" body kit which is still pretty much in shape apart from the front which needs fibreglass repairs due to hitting a gutter. This was apparently worth $4,000 - the car was badged as an MI 16 but only on the outside.

Probably need to sell the car whole as I don't have the time or mechanical ability to dismantle the parts for the car - $1,000 or best offer

Advertisement

any pics of the car?

Thanks chris
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Tadpole

No not at the moment - I wrote the post today at work on the spur of the moment

it has been sitting in the garage uncovered for over 12 months and is filthy dirty and someone has thrown a rock through the back window trying to break in, I will try to get it cleaned up and take some pics this weekend.

Shame to sell it but son needs the money to buy something more practical - these cars need more time, money and mechanical expertise than he has - even if he put the engine in this car he's an apprentice plasterer and needs a ute or something similar.

Tadpole

Any more info? Pics?

Does anyone know if the Japanese cars had emissions control?

Cheers

Tim

Tadpole

Do you still have the engine for sale?

Thread Information