WTB More bits for DS 19 8 Port head
  • Register
  • Help

Default Wanted, bits for DS 19 8 Port head

Wanted, Thrust washers x 8 for under the outer valve springs of a DS/ID 19 cylinder head. Unfortunately these parts are missing from my DS 8 port head.
    Cheers Gerry

Advertisement
    Last edited by gerrypro; 16th February 2011 at 09:37 PM.

Gerry, if you mean DS 124-97, according to the parts books I have just checked, they are the same for all long-stroke D engines (except the normale head in some early ID19s, and we don't have to worry about that). So you might be better off asking for the parts from an ID19 head, because almost no one will have a DS 8 port head. The size by the way is 22.1 x 32 x 0.5 mm.

As with the pedestals, I do have a spare engine here, that I am starting to cannibalise. If Richo does not come through with some of the correct ones cleaned, ready to fit, and photographed within 10 minutes, I'm sure we can work something out.

Roger

Hi Roger, Richo came through with the pedestals. So that problem is solved. The spring thrust washers are my only worry at this point. I think I did say DS/ID 19 head so yes parts off either will suit. Thanks for supplying the part number. I do not have references for these. If you are caniblising the old long stroker these parts would be great if you do not wish to use them yourself. I suppose if they are not available that they could be made to the dimensions you supplied. Much easier to get the proper thing though.
    Cheers Gerry
    PS That early Normale head is the same as the 11D head from a traction.

Everyone who started dismantling DS/ID cylinder heads----STOP STOP STOP. I have found what I am looking for in amongst my own sets of washers. It seems that I bundled them in with a load that went off to 'Ballarat Heat Treaters' for Zinc plating. That disguised them perfectly as just another bright shiny bit.
    Cheers Gerry
    And thanks to all who made the effort!!!!

Thread Information