Forged 205/Mi16 Pistons
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Forged 205/Mi16 Pistons

    I'm currently negotiating, with the help of a fellow frogger in the USA, the manufacturer of forged pistons by Wiseco. The pistons are a flat top design with the Mi16 full floating pin arrangement. They could be used in an 8V or 16V XU9* engine. If used in a 16V, you will have to cut your own valve reliefs. In an 8V you will have to bush the small end of the conrod. Compression ratio will be 10.8:1 in a 16V, 9.5:1 in an early 8V and 11:1 in a late 8V (with std. heads & gaskets). They are available in any bore diameter, at no extra charge.

    The price from Wiseco is US$108 each, inc. rings and pins. On top of this you will have to pay freight, import duty and GST. Obviously there will be a saving if we ship them as one order. I'm happy to co-ordinate this, for a small fee, but money will have to be up front. If you would like to be included in a bulk buy please let me know via email, and I'll send you more information.

    <small>[ 20 October 2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: PeterT ]</small>

    Advertisement

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476
    I forgot to mention that 8:1 forged dished pistons for blown applications are also available at the same price.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    It's nearly time to order. Hands up if you're interested. The dollar has strengthened considerably since I posted this originally.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Hey Peter,
    Any chance of a approx. breakdown of the costs. Ive roughly worked
    out that the items will be approx. $148 AUS each [total say $600 ] am i right?
    What do you envisage the other fees to be so i can get an overall cost.

    cheers jr
    jr20516v

    Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]


    Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v
    Hey Peter,
    Any chance of a approx. breakdown of the costs. Ive roughly worked
    out that the items will be approx. $148 AUS each [total say $600 ] am i right?
    What do you envisage the other fees to be so i can get an overall cost.

    cheers jr
    plus shipping, should be low as the US contact owns or runs a shipping company
    plus 10% GST on shipping
    plus 5% import duty on pistons
    plus what ever interest I get charged on my credit card
    plus postage from my place to your place

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts Luca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Peter when u finish this engine i gotta see it....

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    plus shipping, should be low as the US contact owns or runs a shipping company
    plus 10% GST on shipping
    plus 5% import duty on pistons
    plus what ever interest I get charged on my credit card
    plus postage from my place to your place

    Peter

    I was not planning on doing this at this stage but if it works out cheap to do it now I'll be in.

    It is my understanding that the existing pistons are matched to the sleeves, will there be any problem getting them machined to our sleeves? Or are you going slightly oversize and machining the sleeves to match?

    What other modification will be required besides the valve reliefs and could these pistons be run with standard ecu and a mild cam? or would an after market ecu be needed?

    Sorry for the question but I just don't want to through too much money at the car at this stage.

    Neil
    205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neil
    Peter

    I was not planning on doing this at this stage but if it works out cheap to do it now I'll be in.

    It is my understanding that the existing pistons are matched to the sleeves, will there be any problem getting them machined to our sleeves? Or are you going slightly oversize and machining the sleeves to match?

    What other modification will be required besides the valve reliefs and could these pistons be run with standard ecu and a mild cam? or would an after market ecu be needed?

    Sorry for the question but I just don't want to through too much money at the car at this stage.

    Neil
    You'll need to get your liners bored/honed to suit the new pistons. You'd be mad to order 83.00mm. A better choice would be 83.50mm. Boring/honing wet liners is a tricky process, just ask Darren. You'll also need to cut valve reliefs, so unless you're an accomplished machinist, it's a job for an experienced engine builder.

    The higher CR will be fine as far as the std. ECU is concerned, and will only make a mild cam better.

    It's definitely an expensive process, but if you're aiming for 8000+RPM, with big solid cams, a necessity.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Tangalooma
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Try this link http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/price.html#cam may be a bit more expensive but takes out the machine work and they are proven for the application.
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Time to speak up if you want some. Deposit will be needed at a later date. Specs. as below, otherwise a copy of the Mi16 design.

    Normally Aspirated
    83.50mm, 37.50mm compression height, 11:1 (with std. gasket), no valve reliefs

    Turbo
    83.50mm, 37.50mm compression height, 8.2:1 (with std. gasket), with valve reliefs

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Peter,
    How many oz orders did we get? There seems to be some confusion if they include rings and pins or not.
    How does one pay you?? cheers jr
    jr20516v

    Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]


    Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v
    Peter,
    How many oz orders did we get? There seems to be some confusion if they include rings and pins or not.
    How does one pay you?? cheers jr
    Three, including yours. The price includes rings and pins. I'll let you know when a deposit is required.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    The updated price is US$110 + shipping costs. It looks like a PayPal account will be set up to enable individual purchasing. I suggested 50% to process the order, with a cut off date, then remaining 50% + shipping costs when they're ready.

    Should we ship them as one, or to individual addresses? We're going to pay GST on the shipping. I thought if they were shipped as one, the shipping bill would be less. But then I'd have to reship them within Australia.

    Your thoughts?

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! Mitch Mi16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    568

    Default

    I wouldn't mind this contact in future if you don't mind, when i get around to tinkering with my engine Peter i will ask you about it.. Also need to figure out what i do before i choose what parts to get..

    Turbo conversion or not....

    Pardon my confusion, but it's late and i have come home from a bucks night.. i'm guessing the US$110, is for the 4 pistons, or is that Each???
    THE MAD PUGGA

    1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mi16
    I wouldn't mind this contact in future if you don't mind, when i get around to tinkering with my engine Peter i will ask you about it.. Also need to figure out what i do before i choose what parts to get..

    Turbo conversion or not....

    Pardon my confusion, but it's late and i have come home from a bucks night.. i'm guessing the US$110, is for the 4 pistons, or is that Each???
    Price is each. It works out approx. AUS$650 (inc. import duty + GST). The contact won't be of any use in the future, as the minimum order is 12 pistons. So you'll have to order and pay by the cut off date (TBA) if you're interested.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger! Mitch Mi16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Ok, well thanks for letting me know that 2... guss i'll have to look elsewhere when i am ready...
    THE MAD PUGGA

    1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

  17. #17
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    I've now finished negotiated the specs. with Wiseco. There are three choices available. Depending on numbers, the order will probably be Turbo and either one of N/A pistons. Pistons come complete with rings and pins, ceramic coated. The Turbo and Flat Top versions will also suit 8V applications. All pistons have a 37.50mm pin height. Bore diameter is your choice.

    Turbo: 18cc dish to give 8.0:1 with a std. Mi16 head and gasket

    N/A Flatop: Gives 10.75:1 with std. Mi16 head and gasket

    N/A Dome: Gives 11.25:1 with std. Mi16 head and gasket

    Price hasn't changed.

    Please PM with your choice if you're interested. I need a minimum of 3 sets (12 pistons of each type) to place an order.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Please find attached the suggested spec. sheets for 8:1 Turbo and 11.25:1 NA pistons. There is insufficient interest in flat tops. At this stage, bore diameters are free, even though the spec. says 84mm. However, this may change.

    Inlet valve pocket diameter is based on 0.080" clearance with 36.5mm valves. Exhaust valve pocket diameter is based on 0.100" clearance with 30.0mm valves. Depth will hopefully be stock + the new pin height. BUT depth is the responsiblity of the engine builder, not me!

    I currently have orders for 4 sets of 11.25:1 pistons, so they're definitely a starter. Only 1 for turbo.
    Attached Files Attached Files

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    270

    Default

    ok pete i need some for my engine but wont know the bore for about a week, is that too late?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Peugeot 306, garrett GT25 turbo, 3" exhaust, microtech LT8 ECU, 16.7 psi, front mount cooler, Chris Milton race port&polish w/ 3 angle cut valves and redesigned combustion chamber, 186hp atw for now... injectors ran out of puff
    NOS COMING SOON!

  20. #20
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbopeugeot306
    ok pete i need some for my engine but wont know the bore for about a week, is that too late?
    Unless you've swapped for an all alloy 1.9L, they won't fit.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  21. #21
    Member senthil16V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    102

    Icon14

    Dear PeterT,

    Is it possible to a get a set of turbo pistons for XU10J2 (2.0, 8V) and XU10J4 (2.0, 16V) engines?

    How will they cost? What will be the Compression Ratio for pistons?

    With Rgds,

    Senthil16V
    With Rgds,

    Senthil16V

  22. #22
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senthil16V
    Dear PeterT,

    Is it possible to a get a set of turbo pistons for XU10J2 (2.0, 8V) and XU10J4 (2.0, 16V) engines?

    How will they cost? What will be the Compression Ratio for pistons?

    With Rgds,

    Senthil16V
    If you buy three sets. Otherwise, try
    Australian Precision Engine Parts
    2/5 Sherwood Court
    Wantirna, VIC
    03 9887 1299

    $1200 per set, inc. GST.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  23. #23
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Confirmed interest to date:

    11.25:1 Pistons
    jr20516v
    pgti6
    am205

    Turbo
    mi205 ?

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  24. #24
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I'm interested in Turbo pistons for a XU10J4 !!

    If Senthill is with me we have 2 participants and that calls for just 1 more to make 3.

    What about it Senthill ????

    Anyone else wanna join the XU10J4 Turbo piston group purchase ???


    Peter, how much would be the pistons be without mass purchase ?


    Thanks

  25. #25
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Downupper
    I'm interested in Turbo pistons for a XU10J4 !!

    If Senthill is with me we have 2 participants and that calls for just 1 more to make 3.

    What about it Senthill ????

    Anyone else wanna join the XU10J4 Turbo piston group purchase ???


    Peter, how much would be the pistons be without mass purchase ?


    Thanks
    You need a minimum order of 12 pistons to get started. Then you need to get someone to design the piston, if Wiseco hasn't done a set before.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •