Anyone have Front Brake Calipers for 205gti 8/87
  • Register
  • Help

Anyone have Front Brake Calipers for 205gti 8/87

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has front calipers out there for a 205GTI.

While I would only need the right one if it's off a series 1 205GTI (bendix type) if there was two that would mount onto the hub without modification and work just as well.. then two would be good.

Currently I'm only seeing what is out there just incase I NEED them.

Thanks
    Justin

Advertisement
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

1000+ Posts
    Yep, ive got some in the shed somewhere, let me know if you need them. cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Hi,

Have some in stock and can get new ones also.

Regards Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

Well.. if I had to replace both.. I'd go the girling style braking system.. but new would be out of my budget..

Justin

GTi Revolution:
    Hi,

Have some in stock and can get new ones also.

Regards Nick

Hi justin,

I'll get you a price on both. If need anything else just ask we are located in brisbane.

Regards Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar
    what are the girling calipers on the renault 19, are they worth keeping, I was about to attempt a brake upgrade but if mine are betterthan I thought I may just buy new pads. cheers, Dave
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

Umm... the bendix style is a crap design apparently, and I can see why after talking it over with an engineering friend of mine. I've just had to shell out $40 for a seal kit and $80 for the slide pin kit. Thats $120 just to service ONE SIDE...

The Girling (according to my friend) make good gear, and based on the pictures in the haynes manual,he and I can see where there is an advantage in the design.

Again.. this is our opinion.. so you need to take it with a grain of salt... all I know what I can deduce from what I can see.

on a side note : Personal experience with rallying is pads made 90% of the difference, 5% rotors, and 5% caliper.

We were having issues pulling up our (guy I used to run with) 4WD Group A Rally car on long fast stages., brake fade etc...

We pissed off the shit pads that we had, and splurged on Padgit's (I think that is how you spell them) 99% of rally people use them You can source them from ACT I think as this in the only importer. Now they were $500 a set, but the difference was HUGE. We fondly remember the end of one stage (Rally of Melb 2000 or 1999 can't remember) Ben Carn. Downhill, fast sweeping tarmac mountain roads, the driver was pulling the car back from 180km/h + for 3 and 4 rated corners for 3/4's of the stage. After 20 k's of this, there was this long absolute (Flat out) right hand opens into tripple caution hairpin left onto gravel down hill. Darren said that we were tipping 200 k's

Well.. we made the corner.. but we had to accelerate again to do it... the pads just pulled us up short.. everytime.. no fade, no nothing.

Now.. what makes this more interesting is that while teh car was a Grp A (34mm restrictor) the rest of it was a road car (brakes, gearbox etc..) so from that day forward.. I always felt that pads make the majority of the braking.

Justin

p.s just as another note. I've heard that these pads are HARD on rotors, and I've heard that they are ok on rotors.. so you need to be the judge.

p.p.s BTW... I threw a used set (20% pad left) onto my road going Evo (sadly car jacked 26th jan 2002) and they were BRILLIANT road pads too.. no warm up required....

dave from bendigo:
    what are the girling calipers on the renault 19, are they worth keeping, I was about to attempt a brake upgrade but if mine are betterthan I thought I may just buy new pads. cheers, Dave

Thread Information