Wanted: Citroen ID19 Front bench seat.
  • Register
  • Help
    DS

Wanted: Citroen ID19 Front bench seat.

I've seen them and even travelled on them in this country. Has anyone got one or know of one lying around in need of a home? And even better if its in original Bamboo vinyl!

Advertisement
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Default not much help, just full of questions

sorry don't have a set of seats for you, but i was curious about your bamboo vinyl comment. I just bought a 1963 id-19 and it has red vinyl seats, do you know if this was one of their original colours? They are in quite reasonable condition so I was going to leave them the way they are and paint the rest of the car to work with the red. I was thinking of doing a really nice creamy metallic beige and carrying that into the rest of the interior, with the leather trim and carpet. with white wheels and roof.
    Did id-19's come with hub caps?
    I hope you have luck in finding that bench seat. It really is like going for a drive from your lounge chair.

cheers,

steve

Fellow Frogger!

The ID's came with a variety of unpholstery, among them red vinyl. Many of the Australian assembled cars had red vinyl with white inserts.

I understand the plastic bamboo upholstery is quite rare now, and often sufvfers from rips and tears, better to replace with something more servicable unless you are a stickler for origionality. I think the bamboo was only used on base models anyway.

ID's did come with hubcaps, usually small ones in the centre of the wheel, except for australian assembled cars which had the full hubcaps.

Default cheers

Thanks for that peter.
    Is there a way of knowing where my car was assembled?

s

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steves id19
    Thanks for that peter.
    Is there a way of knowing where my car was assembled?

s
    Hi Steve,

it'll be an Aussie built ID19 identical to mine. ie: Mushroom brakes, french 'ID' dash (but RHD), there will be no mention of 'Citroen' on it's build plate, rather it'll be continental motors (from memory). The roof will be alluminium (the fiberglass rooves to to fragile to ship). Rubber front floor mat, muscle builder steering etc...

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Default ID's

Hi Peter
    My French 66 ID19 confort is a weird interim model which has all manner of things that later cars have...among these are 15 inch wheels with full hubcaps
    yet it is still LHS2 (or canola now!)...many engine differences and the redish plastic indicator trumpets...also has the 2nd interim ID dash (which looks like a DS)sort of....
    Cheers
    Andy

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Andrew, seems the 66-67 cars were produced to many different specs, have a 67 ID in storage which as the shark nose with fixed lights, 5 stud wheels and LHM, yet has the strip speedo of the 64-66 cars, and is french assembled. Maybe the factory was trying use up some old parts, a common practice among many manufacturers

Icon6 Canola

So is this true, i can just use canola oil instead of the castrol RR363? Just spent a load of money buying up half the stock in south east queensland to tide me over until i figure my leak out. Bradly, Alan s son told me you could do this, but I wasn't going to risk it without further advise, just incase you have to do something special with it, other additives etc.

steve

Default canola

Well I haven't had any problems but I believe Mike Neil in Canberra has...as far as I know some types of rubber(think boots) degrade when exposed to Canola oil(but doesnt swell seals).....Canola is not so good in cold climates...it is more viscous than LHS2
    boiling point is fine,but can get a bit thicker in cold extremes....it wont destroy your paint and I don't believe it is hydroscopic (but may be wrong here)
    plus its cheap and available from any supermarket!!!
    cheers
    PS Alan may have a link that is far more knowledgeable than me
    I think it was Mark Badenweir?? in the US....

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Hi Steve,

RR363 is just brake fluid. Castrol just market it at a much higher price to Rolls Royce owners (that's where the 'RR' comes from).

The correct fluid is LHS2. This isn't available. The nearest alternative is plain brake fluid with about 15% caster oil added for lubrication (from what we can find this is all LHS2 is).

I've run Canola in my '63 ID19 for a 1year or so, I wouldn't recomend it due to it never being approved for use in braking systems, and never being approved for seal compatibility. Several of us have used it with no problems for several years. As stated it doesn't destroy paint, will not corrode the hydraulic system out and the seals appear fine with it. Please note: ONLY A VEGETABLE BASED OIL is acceptable, ie: Biostar, Rapeseed/Canola oil. All mineral oils will immediatly destroy most of the seals in your hydraulics.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

As per dogboys suggestion,

http://www.compufort.com/users/cando...%20Information

Alan S

Thread Information