FS: 145hp 205 8V
  • Register
  • Help

FS: 145hp 205 8V

I've decided to sell the engine from my 205 in order to make way for a 16V. The engine has done only 70'000Km + 3 supersprints. The cylinder head has just been completely reconditioned by RAMS Head Service, Windsor. The engine was dynoed earlier in the year at 80kW @ wheels (145hp flywheel) and has a little more after the head work. Dyno sheets will be provided. It's currently tuned to run on Avgas, but can easily be detuned for 98 by fitting a std. head gasket. This will lower the CR to 9.8:1 and reduce the power to around 135-140hp. The engine is being sold as a long motor only and does not include any ancilliaries, although it does include a lightened flywheel. It will also have a std. sump, not the fully baffled sump currently fitted. I will also consider separating the head/block. Some modification to the std. fuel delivery may be required. Full ignition/fuel tuning details will be provided to the buyer.

The engine will be available in late November, at the end of the CSCA Supersprint rounds. It can be seen in the car at the following events:

- Newcastle King Edward Park Hill Climb, Sun. 5 October
    - Oran Park CSCA Supersprint Sun. 16 Nov.
    - Wakefield Park Training Day, Sat 22 Nov.

Long Motor $2000
    Head Only $800
    Short Motor $1200

Advertisement

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Pricing Update:
    $2000 fitted and tuned, exchange.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

damn, Y_Y I would be into that Only I am too far. Good luck to you others out there, that is a bargain, especially for those of us who arent mechanics^^!
    Y^O^Y Banzai

This engine has to go. See it this Sunday at Oran Park.

$1800 fitted and tuned. (less for exchange)

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Peter, I have just acquired a 205 GTI to hillclimb and use for track days.

Probably not ready to move up to your motor yet but interested in a look and a look at your car. You say you will be at Wakefield on the 22nd, I'd like to catch up briefly if that's OK? I'm in Canberra so it's no trouble to duck up for a quick chat if it wouldn't interfere with your plans.

Please let me iknow if that would be OK.

Thanks

Cheers

Jim

That would be great. The track days are fairly relaxed. We'll have plenty of time to chat. Owen and Adrian Wuillemin will be there with their 205 and Parry with his.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Peter, that's good.

We have only had the 205 two weeks and are starting to sort it out. It was the one that Rod Visman had at Robertson (ex JRA 3E Prod'n car) and whilst in road trim came with a very low ratio transmission with lsd. We got heaps of spares including cages etc which we will be able to use for the level we want to start at. We will register it shortly but have basically bought it as a toy.

Once we get into it a bit we will no doubt have quite a few questions for you guys. I'm a serious pugilist but this is my first front wheel drive - have rallied 504s.

Look forward to a chat. I will post to confirm whether we are coming up on the 22nd, but ceratinly expect to.

Cheers

Jim

Cool.

Another 205 to annoy the Rexes at Wakefield.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    This engine has to go. See it this Sunday at Oran Park.

$1800 fitted and tuned. (less for exchange)
    hmmmm, I could be interested in the engine, some questions first,

I've got a standard '87 205GTi, will the bits off my engine fit straight onto this engine or do I need other things?

Would the standard brakes (with competiton pads), be up to the job?

What other mods would you reccomend to go with the engine?

I plan to run the car in club events, sprints, hill climbs, motorkhanas etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McPug
    hmmmm, I could be interested in the engine, some questions first,

I've got a standard '87 205GTi, will the bits off my engine fit straight onto this engine or do I need other things?

Would the standard brakes (with competiton pads), be up to the job?

What other mods would you reccomend to go with the engine?

I plan to run the car in club events, sprints, hill climbs, motorkhanas etc.
    Yes, all the std. manifolding fits straight on. My engine bay looks original.

Std. rotors with competition pads will be fine.

The only other mods needed are AFM and ECU mods, but that's all included in the price.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

If I sell my renault Clio Sport I would buy the head but haven''t got a buyer yet. Can you give me full details for the head please Peter just in case. By the way I am in Adelaide. Freight cost?

Regards, Trent.

Quote Originally Posted by ozclio
    If I sell my renault Clio Sport I would buy the head but haven''t got a buyer yet. Can you give me full details for the head please Peter just in case. By the way I am in Adelaide. Freight cost?

Regards, Trent.
    The heads I build are fully reconditioned, complete with a reground camshaft and adjustable pulley. The head features modified seats and throats to improve flow and decked to increased compression. The camshaft is a Stage II or "fast road" grind that works within the limits of the std. valve springs. The camshaft is installed, with clearances set via new shims. The adj. pulley is necessary to accurately set the camshaft timing with the aid of a dial indicator. In addition, the AFM and/or ECU is modified to make sure the kit is a complete bolt on 140+hp.

The post above at $800 is a once off special for the head/cam/pulley only and does not include the AFM/ECU modifications.

Judging by the increase in performance since the latest head mods., I would estimate the engine is currently developing approx. 150hp.

I'll have to enquire about shipping costs for you.
    Last edited by PeterT; 12th November 2003 at 09:11 PM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

I'm still very interested, I'll probably be going up to Sydney soonish and could trailer my car up for the transplant.

I would want to run the engine on 98RON for ease of filling up, I have an Avgas book but would prefer to run unleaded. So that means a new head gasket and less power?

Quote Originally Posted by McPug
    I'm still very interested, I'll probably be going up to Sydney soonish and could trailer my car up for the transplant.

I would want to run the engine on 98RON for ease of filling up, I have an Avgas book but would prefer to run unleaded. So that means a new head gasket and less power?
    No, it just means you'll need to retard the ignition timing slightly. You can continue to run the copper gasket, but you need to be aware of the risks. Long term use (2-3 yrs) of the copper gasket will lead to corrosion problems. The head would need to be removed every 2 yrs., cleaned up, then resassembled. You'd probably end up with approx. 140hp.
    Last edited by PeterT; 13th November 2003 at 10:42 AM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

1000+ Posts

Hey Peter,
    What is your mobile # as i have a very interested person in your motor.
    cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Engine is now sold.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information