wanted 504 wagon lowered springs
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

wanted 504 wagon lowered springs

do they exist for starters?? front lowered springs and also rear wanted for 1981 wagon. what is the cheapest and best way around lowering wagons anyone had anything to do with this before??
    cheers Darren

Advertisement
    Darren

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    get some made up
    there are a few places that will make springs for you
    they may need your springs as a template though
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Tadpole
    do you know of any places in sydney that do them??how much do u think it would cost???
    Darren

Try King Springs, <a href="http://www.kingsprings.com.au," target="_blank">www.kingsprings.com.au,</a> they are based on the Gold Coast but have distributors in Sydney, go to the distribution page. They have an excellent reputation for making custom springs, heights, rates etc for 4WDs
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Darren:
    do you know of any places in sydney that do them??how much do u think it would cost???
    K-mac on the Princes Highway, Rockdale do lowered springs for 504s for about $220 a pair. They probably won't have the dimensions for the wagon rear springs though, so they'll have to measure yours. Check out:

<a href="http://www.k-mac.com.au/" target="_blank">http://www.k-mac.com.au/</a>

They also do thicker swaybars for the 504 for about $220 each.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

How low do you want to go?

I have a set (4 springs) for the rear somewhere that were in my wagon when I bought it.

The poor darling had only 560,000kms up at that stage, but it had all been done carrying a heavy load of jewellry all over Queensland. The previous owner, one not to shy back from spending a buck, had new rear springs made.

Unfortunately he had them made by someone who saw the thing loaded, so they are probably about 1" or a little more low... if I can find them you can certainly have them at a very reasonable cost.

For the front, I would suggest you simply cut one coil off a sedan spring... that will increase the rate to something like the wagon rate and lower it at the same time.

Ray Bell:
    For the front, I would suggest you simply cut one coil off a sedan spring... that will increase the rate to something like the wagon rate and lower it at the same time.
    Yes, you can cut half a coil off the top and bottom of a sedan spring and the spring still seats in its place OK and the spring rate is still lower than the springs fitted to commercial and "sports" model 504s/505s. This will lower the car a small amount, but not too much (0.5-1" on a sedan, maybe more if you compare the height to a wagon). I wouldn't want to lower the car by much more than this anyway because the lower control arms become too close to horizontal and this is BAD for the handling of the car. Lower any car by too much and you stuff up the suspension geometry.

Just make sure that if you cut some springs, you cut them neatly with a grinder and clean them up and paint them so that no one will pick that you've done something illegal. Preferably paint them matt black. Fancy colors are a dead give away of a modification.

If you order springs or swaybars from K-mac you can ask them to paint them black instead of bright orange, for the above reason. This is what I did when I ordered some 504 swaybars from K-mac. Other spring or swaybar manufacturers should be able to do the same if they're really interested in your business. If they won't, tell them K-mac will and they should change their tune.

Dave

<small>[ 07 August 2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: davemcbean ]</small>
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Thread Information