Wanted 16TL/TS Engines (in Sydney)
  • Register
  • Help

Wanted 16TL/TS Engines (in Sydney)

Hi All
    Any one in Sydney have any 16TL or TS engines for sale or even Just blocks that are about about to be thrown out? deal

Advertisement

Interesting you should say that, although I am in Melbourne.

I will be looking at a 16TS over the weekend, which I will be looking more for interiour / trim and the gearbox. If you are interested we could agree on a price for the engine, and I could buy the car.. but I dont know how much they want for the car.. OR if you can arrange pickup of the engine.

<small>[ 02 July 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: vivid ]</small>
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Hi AU-YT. What happened to answering your thread on "Rare as Hens teeth 17G engine and gearbox"?
    You got some responses but the thread just died?
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Hi Vivid.
    I would think my old man has a 16TS gearbox lying around. It would be reasonably cheap and is in Melbourne. Not sure what he has in way of interior but he'd have most bits.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Sorry might be confused. Is it the Sydney person or the Melbourne person looking for 16 bits??

I am in Melbourne, and looking for some TS / TL / TX parts... AU-YT is in Sydney looking for a 16 engine.

I have purchased a TX gearbox (needs sycro repairs) and a 16TS car, but the gearbox in the car has dud syncros in 2nd. So I am looking for a TS gearbox until I can afford to rebuild the TX gearbox, and trims (anything TX I can get hold of) and other things like good front / matching rear seats.

Anyone know anything about colouring vynl seats? Maybe somewhere out there are some black leather seats to fit a 16.