STILL Wanted= R12 ParisRhone StarterMotors
  • Register
  • Help

Default STILL Wanted= R12 ParisRhone StarterMotors

PLEASE = WANTED TO BUY; PARIS RHONE & DUCELLIER Starter Motors for R12s.

ANY condition French Renault 12 STARTER MOTORS - good or not !

ALL & any PARIS RHONE &/or DUCELLIER Starter Motors ALWAYS wanted to buy? ( in any condition !)

Advertisement

(Please NO Bosch ; unless 190 mm in length- may consider purchase of these as apparently 2 types of BOSCH Starter Motors were fitted to R12s- 1 was longer than the other & is easier to replace) .

As I will be always running RENAULT 12s, I will ALWAYS be chasing these FRENCH Starter Motors & prefer the PARIS RHONE starter motor.

Have many R12 & R20 parts to swap, part-exchange if so desired BUT will pay CA$H for all FRENCH R12 Starter Motors. [ COME ON DAVE ! - ya MUST have ONE ? ].

Please "PM" me anytime if you have or know of one or more!

Many thanks, MarkButler.12 FRENCH starters

1000+ Posts

Hi Mark

Where do you get the brushes for the said starter motors?

I need me some for much the same reasons.

P

Default Good question?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exfrogger View Post
    Hi Mark

Where do you get the brushes for the said starter motors?

I need me some for much the same reasons.

P

That is an excellent question & as yet I don't know the answer BUT....where I live the are some pretty

amazing 'old-timer-auto-electrical-shops'& I reckon that we may be pleasantly suprised when I've

made sufficient inquiries!

I have had ONE offer of FRENCH Starters so far, which I shall take up with extreme GRATITUDE!

They are cheap so I do suspect they may NOT work but who cares!

At least IF I have them , they surely can be re-conditioned & it'll be well worth it!

I shall keep you informed of my (no doubt slow)-progerss!

Best wishes, Mark.startermotorsbushes

I should have some for you, still havent looked what brand they are, sorry.
    Michael
    now Renault-less

1995 Ford Futura V8
    2011 Ssangyong Korando

previous cars;
    81 Sno White R20TS S1
    72 Flame Orange r12 GL sedan
    78 Azure Blue Virage wagon
    75 ghost gum R16 ts
    74 Track blue r12 wagon
    74 Ghost Gum r12 wagon

Default Definately ....... No hurry at all!

Quote Originally Posted by viragewagonman View Post
    I should have some for you, still havent looked what brand they are, sorry.

Hi Micheal,

There is absolutely NO HURRY whatsoever my friend, as I did end up fitting my 1 & ONLY

= PARIS RHONE starter which was on my 1974 AVOCADO GREEN wagon ( and of course STILL had

to undergo the 'engine-mount shifting-job') to get out my old BOSCH Starter anyhow!

The infuriating thing was that this 1974 TRAK BLUE R12 GL sedan still had it's 'sump-guard' fitted-

(I always remove 'em!) & IF I'd been able to SEE PROPERLY I could have saved a lotta hard work.

The solenoid-bolts that hold the 'plastic-(bakelite?)-solenoid-end-pce' onto the whole solenoid had

simply come so loose that this plastic-end-pce was wobbly & about to fall off & a simple tighten with a

screwdriver would've fixed ALL in a jiffy!

However, I was a long way from home, in pouring rain (in best clothes) & NOBODY was able or

bothered to simply 'hoist the car,look at the solenoid-end with a powerful light & remove the

sumpguard & tighten the screws in a strange city - (Toowoomba).

Anyway, the fitting of the PARIS RHONE really showed just how much EASIER & BETTER they are for

the R12 & what should only be a half-hour-job-(EVEN for ME!) actually IS when NOT

replacing a BL**DY BOSCH!

I assume the DUCELLIER Starter Motor is as pleasing as the P-RHONE & I wonder if the R10/8/16,etc,

used these FRENCH Starters & whether they would fit onto the R12 as is?

(I have asked on this forum but no answers have come ............ do you know?)

You must be rather busy with the new additions to your household= human & automobile both?

I hope you are having FUN mate as this IS the BEST period of your life & it does pass REALLY FAST

'cept ya don't seem to notice while you are "living it" at the time !!!

It seems like only yesterday that I was facing 30 in a few years...soon..wotever? and ...

NOW?...... well, while I'm only 53 ? ... the next step is 60! .......... That IS OLD!

Yes! PEOPLE, especially 'babyboomers' & the multi-national-global-$$$suckers do indeed 'encourage'

this emphasis upon staying "Forever Young" -(as Bob Dylan sang), and it IS good to think & attempt to

remain fit, healthy, (even using cosmetic/chemical/medical-whatever means to do so) & of course

keeping the BRAIN/mind active & constantly stimulated BUT no person of 18-25 is EVER goner think

60 is YOUNG!

?= mebbe!... interesting?=possibly!....... excessively sexually-attractive? = ....NAH !

Aged 60 & very Rich ? = YE$.... quite 'attractive' then !

(Lecture finished!) ....... sorry!

Anyway, your R20s are causing an absolute SENSATION amongst many of us & may you continue to

enjoy such exellent Renault 'restoration-times' & how I wish I had your obvious talent for working on

these cars & transforming them into such true GEMS !

I still dream/hope to buy your 'FLAME RED' R12 whenever I can afford it if possible, as we are still

planning on selling our house & buying in those Blue Hills but it may take another 12 months to

organise such a monumental move-(each move gets harder as one gets older!) and I don't know

why?

I still shall keep all my R20-stuff & my (still driving well) BRONZE Series 2 car for you ..........

as you may want it sometime in the future & I'd rather GIVE it all to you than sell it to Clive.

( he's already done well enough ! ).

I wish I coulda given them all to you & now you have a 'Series 2' R20 - you may start to accumulate

more but as I've only ever driven Series 2 R20s, I cannot tell which is better but much remains inter-

changeable which is useful.

As I say-NO HURRY at all with those Starters (ya know how utterly SLACK I am!) &

I'm more than happy to deposit the postage into your account for you to send what/whenever.

I weighed 2 BOSCH [email protected] local Post Office the other day & said 'Adelaide' & the postage for

TWO was $30-(there is an Adelaide=A110 owner who contacted me & said he'd several non-working?-

ParisRhone/Ducellier Starters BUT he has not replied again yet) so I will buy yours when & if you get it

together but the postage=$ seems reasonable as the BOSCH weighs more anyway.

(Cannot have TOO MANY French Starter Motors when planning on keeping 12s goin' forever!)

Take Care & best wishes to the family & (HIDE that RED R12 please!) enjoy your

R20s as they are wonderful 'family-Renaults' as you shall find out as time passes.

Bye Micheal, Markalways

Default starter motors

Hi mark i have 3 ducellier starter motors that all test electrically ok give me a ring if your interested 0431472140 cheers harry

Default ducellier starter moters

Quote Originally Posted by justpugs View Post
    hi mark i have 3 ducellier starter motors that all test electrically ok give me a ring if your interested 0431472140 cheers harry
    hi mark i have three ducellier starter motors that test ok ring me if your interested 0431472140

Thread Information