505 parts-a-plenty
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Gus

505 parts-a-plenty

Well, I don't own a 505 any more, and I'm going overseas, so I've got a garage full of bits I don't need and can't keep.

All bits are in Canberra, Australia. Make an offer on anything. Anyone interested in taking "the lot" will be happily considered. Will mail small bits to anywhere, at cost.

Some of the more popular bits may end up on eBay, I'll post here if that's the case.

All parts running at time of removal and stored carefully (boots, sheds) since then.

Photos of anything available on request (digital camera.)

Phone 0414 624 891 or leave PMs.

FTGH = Free To Good Home.

General 505 Stuff:

- Power window motor & assembly $20
    - GTi Front sway bar (fattest one) $30
    - Boot lid w/ GTi spoiler & badges $40
    - Torque tube FTGH
    - Rear seats, cream velour, w/ headrests & mounts (dirty, light wear) FTGH
    - Grilles x 3 (2 outies, 1 innie) $20ea
    - Boot mat (small tear, not too clean) FTGH
    - Heater console FTGH
    - Assorted switches, buttons, etc.
    - Aerial $5
    - 2x rear stub axles w/ discs $10ea
    - 2x rear tail light assemblies $40ea
    - 2x headlights $60ea
    - Front callipers $10ea
    - Gearstick boot (unripped!) $10
    - Wiper arms x2 (complete) $5ea
    - Passenger door lock solenoid $5
    - Fuel flap solenoid $5
    - Horns x 2 FTGH
    - Steering wheels x 2 (worn) FTGH
    - 4 x Velour door trims, lightly soiled w/ armrests FTGH
    - Gearbox cover plate (manual) FTGH
    - 504 hubcap FTGH

505 STi/GTi Stuff:

Advertisement

- STI thermostat housing (+sensors) $5
    - Exhaust manifold $15
    - GTi Cylinder head w/ cam $40
    - Dissy plus ignition module (not coil) $20
    - Black plastic ignition module cover (good nick!) $5
    - Clutch assembly (plate worn out) FTGH
    - Clutch reservoir $5
    - Alternator $40
    - Brake Master Cylinder + Reservoir $30
    - Water pump (mild corrosion but will last a couple of years at least) $5

PLUS: XN1 starter motor, condition unknown FTGH

<small>[ 27 August 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Gus ]</small>

Gus,

I would like one of the outie 505 Grilles and the GTI radiator...

Would you PLEASE consider sending them to a fellow pugger in Tassie ?

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Gus,

I'll take the power steering pump if you throw in the GTI mudflaps. I'll pay you when you bring the starter motor around.

Thanks

Charlie

Hi I'm interested in the mud flaps and the boot lock solenoid. It doesn't seem like my 505 gti has one - certainly the boot doesn't lock when I lock the doors. had a look inside the boot around the locking mechanism and there's no sign of one.

Also: am interested in getting a driver's seat belt buckle if you have one (two would be better) - the bar that holds it in place on the sash broke the other day. Can you replace the buckle without replacing the whole assembly?

Liam,

Is your GTI a series 1 or 2 ?

Series 2 lock the boot with the centeral locking and Series 1's dont!

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Mine's a series one. I always thought that the central locking was separate to the boot on the series one, until I recently read "Peugeot - The Australian Story" by Ewan Kennedy which talks about the 505 getting central locking to the boot in 1982! I spotted a few other inaccuracies, so is this just another?

Id say so!

Every Series 1 I have ever seen does NOT lock the boot...they lock the fuel flap but not the boot!

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Tadpole
    Anyone had a go at installing a slave motor to do boot locking duties in conjunction with the central locking? Will a series 2 mechanism bolt straight in to an STi, or am I better off getting a universal motor from Jaycar and wiring it in?

Pug_405_Mi16:
    Id say so!

Every Series 1 I have ever seen does NOT lock the boot...they lock the fuel flap but not the boot!

Ben
    Yes my 1983 STI is the same as Ben says above.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Gus,

I'd also be interested in the rear seat if it will fit my car. Will it fit?

Gus
    It's a typo. I mean fuel flap solenoid.

I wondered briefly about fitting a boot lock solenoid too, then decided I was a lazy bugger. It might be easier to do a boot release solenoid, though.

The rear seats will fit a Series One car, but they'll either need a thorough clean or a re-upholster before they'll look any good. I'll take some photos when I have time. Alternatively find some headrests to match your current rear seat, and use the headrest mounts I have (requires making 4 holes in the backrest.)

Pug405 - Happy to send the two to Tassie, if you can tell me the best way to go about it.

RaG (Chalit) - I think $20 for a power steering pump/res. is a pretty good deal by itself. Go ask Alpine how much they'd charge for one! If I've still got both in two weeks, you've got a deal.

Liam - Sorry, sent the belts to the crusher (on two cars! Doh!)

<small>[ 30 July 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Gus ]</small>

Gus,

Sent PM

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Could be interested in the Alternator if it will fit up to the SRDT as mine seems to have little or no charge. Give me a call 0402316579
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus:
    [QB]It's a typo. I mean fuel flap solenoid.

The rear seats will fit a Series One car, but they'll either need a thorough clean or a re-upholster before they'll look any good. I'll take some photos when I have time. Alternatively find some headrests to match your current rear seat, and use the headrest mounts I have (requires making 4 holes in the backrest.)

RaG (Chalit) - I think $20 for a power steering pump/res. is a pretty good deal by itself. Go ask Alpine how much they'd charge for one! If I've still got both in two weeks, you've got a deal.

Gus, $20 is a good deal for the power steering pump and I will pay it. What pisses me off is when I bought your car (which has since broken down),your ad said I had the option of your spare parts. When I asked for the mudflaps, YOU TOLD ME THEY WERE NO GOOD! So now I see you advertising them on the net for $15. SO WHAT'S YOUR STORY, GUS? WAS THAT A PORKY PIE YOU TOLD ME? I THINK YOU'VE BEEN VERY DECEITFUL ON THIS WHOLE ISSUE.

Charlie

Renaults_Also_Go:
    [
    Gus, $20 is a good deal for the power steering pump and I will pay it. What pisses me off is when I bought your car (which has since broken down),your ad said I had the option of your spare parts. When I asked for the mudflaps, YOU TOLD ME THEY WERE NO GOOD! So now I see you advertising them on the net for $15. SO WHAT'S YOUR STORY, GUS? WAS THAT A PORKY PIE YOU TOLD ME? I THINK YOU'VE BEEN VERY DECEITFUL ON THIS WHOLE ISSUE.

Charlie
    Charlie,

I've always found Gus to be pretty reasonable to deal with. I'm sure this is just an oversite or misunderstanding. I think it would be more productive to give him a friendly phone call rather than blasting him online for all to see.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Gus
    Hmm. Well, I don't want to perpetuate a flame war. I think it's a fair complaint, but possibly not worth yelling about. I didn't sell my car with unlimited access to my garage of parts, although I did give you first option of buying any of them.

The mud flaps aren't new, that's for sure. I never mounted them to my 505, and I would have if I was convinced they would look perfect without being scrubbed up/Back to Blacked/etc. They're far from being NOS, but they're black, they say Peugeot, and they mount to the guards on a 505.

$15 is $7.50 each, which isn't exactly huge bikkies for something which is, as far as I understand, relatively rare (only GTIs and Executives had them.) Plus, like I said before, I'm open to offers.

If you want them, you can have them. But no more freebies.

Words are cheap Dave. I can name 12 people who think I'm an okay guy. What does that mean? Nuthin. Actions speak louder than words.

Besides what's your gripe? Can't_ Get-Enough_Peugeots and others on this forum have messages posted warning others about dissatisfaction or past unsatisfactory service. Why should I be any different just because Gus appears to be a mate of yours?

In his 505 ad, Gus said "Buyer has option of a variety of bits, sourced from two other cars I stripped down." So I ask him for the headlights Nah, I'm selling those. Tailights? Nah, I'm selling those. Mudflaps? Nah, they're no good. Don't know what kind of school you went to Dave, but in my book that's deceit. (I hasten to add Gus did give me some parts for nix).

As for Alpine Motors, they gave me the use of another starter motor for FREE until I can get my (Gus') starter motor fixed. Can't think of too many other mechanics that would do that for you Gus, can you?

mallet

Okay, Gus just brought over the stuff, so I'll crawl back into my hole now. cry

Gus
    On a lighter note, my housemate tidied the garage today so I took some photos of things.

Here are the seats. I have, to date, made no attempt to clean them in any way. I think they'd scrub up a bit, but a re-upholster or seat cover would be the best solution.

<a href="http://www.cabsoft.com/notcab/parts/seats1.jpg">One</a> <a href="http://www.cabsoft.com/notcab/parts/seats2.jpg">Two</a> <a href="http://www.cabsoft.com/notcab/parts/seats3.jpg">Three</a> <a href="http://www.cabsoft.com/notcab/parts/seats4.jpg">Four</a>

Gus
    Well, interest has died off and I now have a 13 foot dinghy sitting in front of my garage (which I would like to put in there!) so I've dropped a bunch of prices, and put some more stuff on my Free to Good Home list.

Make me some offers guys, you have nothing to lose!

Some bits will be probably chucked on eBay real soon.

Ben: Haven't forgotten you, mate... just can't find a box which will fit the grille!

Con: Where'd you disappear to?

Thanks Gus,

I am awaiting the arrival of the Radiator and Grille....I have money for u !

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Gus still most likely interested in the alternator, been busy buying a 405 SRDT (I) I will give you a ring and come over and check it out soon.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Got any fog lamp buttons? The ones that suit the heater console and light up?

I might fit fog/driving lamps in the future and it would be nice to have an original button to operate them.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Gus
    Ben - I know, but the grilles are long... I'll find a suitable box sooner or later I promise!

silverexec - I have some of those buttons, but none with a fog lamp symbol on them: I don't think any Australian delivered models had fog lamps.

I'm happy to mail you one of the rear demister buttons at cost of shipping, though... you'll need to take the cap off and work out some way to change the picture. wink .

Gus:
    I'm happy to mail you one of the rear demister buttons at cost of shipping, though... you'll need to take the cap off and work out some way to change the picture. wink .
    Never mind, when I get around to doing it, I might try sourcing one from overseas...

Thanks anyway.

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information