505 GTI Radiator (suit 1988 model) wanted - Canberra region
  • Register
  • Help

Default 505 GTI Radiator (suit 1988 model) wanted - Canberra region

Wondering if anyone around the Canberra area has a spare well priced decent radiator to suit my 88 GTI wagon - please call me on 0414 243 291 or send me a pm. Can travel a bit if required. Thanks, James

Advertisement

VIP Sponsor

Default 505 radiator

Hey James, I have many of these. How urgent is it? I am still away for another month, but can have one of my guys pull one off the shelf if need be.

Manual or Auto????

Paris

Fellow Frogger!

Default 505

Hi James I have a good auto rad. do you have a GrRrad you would like to swap?
    Cheers
    Colin

Default rads

Thanks guys - appreciate the offers etc.,

I ended up buying a really good one from Bill (local Pug guru) on the weekend. It will get fitted tonight I hope, and yes I needed it quickly as the fins at the front of mine crumbled into a million pieces at the slightest touch - the rest of the radiator must be on its way out so it was a case of preventative maintenance.

Colin, I will have an excellent 505 SLi radiator in a week or two as I just bought a parts car. I think that this would be the same as the GR one as they are both XN motors? I was hoping to keep it for some future 504 project that I don't actually have yet (parts stash), although there is always uncertainty around this and even if I did get a 504, I might like to put a 2.2 in it. Do you need one for your wagon? By the way, turns out that you bought that wagon from my now neighbour - small world.

If you want the radiator, perhaps you have some other bits that I could swap with you? Got any decent 505 sedan seats (blue tweed series 1 or even later Executive/GTI ones in any colour)? My STI needs them.

Cheers,
    James

Fellow Frogger!

Default 505

is parts car the silver auto from Farrer? it had good seats

I have blue velour set of sedan seats stitching apart in couple of places, fading on tops
    and 1992 wagon seats
    Cheers

Default rads

Hi Colin,

Yes, I bought the silver car. I decided that it has enough good parts to justify the purchase - near new windscreen for one of my 505s, good XN motor with alloy sump and working A/C and PS fitted for a future 504 project (maybe), OK wheels and tyres, headlights, some interior bits for my GTI wagon etc. The seats are not bad but the driver's seat is worn in the usual places. Are you the guy who wanted the radiator but didn't get back to the seller by any chance?

I might be interested in all of your seats if they are for sale/swap and are better than what I have. My wagon seats stink of cigarettes and have a couple of holes in them. My STI seat cloths are worn out. Did you get the sedan seats from a GTI auto that Bill had not too long ago?

Do you have any OK wagon carpets also?

Want anything off the SLi "wreck" in particular - apart from the radiator? The whole thing will be stripped as soon as I can get it to my house and get stuck into it.

James

Fellow Frogger!

Default 505

nice straight car that sli paint good almost too good to break up, weird amount of play in steering,
    he wanted $100 for rad i got one for $50-

seats and carpet(could be bit stained must look) available

if you want to look sat or sunday arvo give a yell

cheers

VIP Sponsor

Default Seats!

James, I just threw away an immaculate, concourse condition 505 Blue Tweed Interior! You should have told me you were looking for one! Was such a shame to see it go.

Dont forget I have all your other parts on hold for you here when you want them too.

Paris

Default seats etc

Colin, Thanks - will see how I go for this weekend - kind of flat out as usual but hopefully can get over to you. I have your mobile so will call at some point. The SLi is reasonably straight - paint is not perfect but presentable... being an auto SLi it is worth well, not much. If you want to save it, you are welcome to make me an offer but the plan is to strip it at this point. YEs I noticed the play in the steering. I have a good rack that I bought from Paris so am not overly worried about the wear, even though it'll only be kept as a spare at this point.

Paris - Yes that is a major shame. I am still working out what to do with my STI as I have too many Pugs right now. I was hoping to put better seats in it and either on sell the car or just keep it. Oh well... With the other bits - hadn't forgotten about it all. Thanks,

Cheers,
    James

Thread Information