FS: Valeo Starter Rebuild Parts
  • Register
  • Help

Default FS: Valeo Starter Rebuild Parts

As pictured below, one brush/bushing kit and one solenoid/spring kit. No soldering or spotwelding required.

http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=SBR5811
    http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=SND12904

Check to ensure it will fit your starter - made for D6RA series Valeo. Works on many aircooled BMW bike starters, too (Valeo, also).

$55 plus postage - exactly half my cost to bring in a pair of kits.

Advertisement

Cheers, Adam.

Provided I haven't roasted my armature, I'm in the position of having to provide a "starter rebuild: how to" early tomorrow. Car is dead, on its guts outside my neighbour's place.

Still assert that $55 is excellent value for a kit.

Icon7

I've spent a good chunk of this past week being the crookest in years - effing horrible, and then got slammed Friday with a demand from Baycorp for $9K in unpaid HECS within 48H. Love ya work, guys, and watch for flying pigs. Doing the starter R&R in full sunlight wasn't especially clever. However - here's some encouragement for the trepidatious:

Il est très facile! Vous pouvez avoir quelques difficultés avec la bague de retenue de pignon, mais soyez patient et créatif.

Most greasing duties were performed with Catrol HTB. I used Nulon L90 in places like the retainer ring, and stewed replacement bronze bushes in TransmaxZ at 100°C+ for an hour.

Total time to remove, overhaul and refit if you were 100%, would be 4H or less, assuming you set the bushes in to stew beforehand, and had a parts washer plus compressed air.

Admit it - this looks far more exciting than just buying another starter and putting it in the hole...

Thread Information