Would like a 12G and/or 17G Gearbox
  • Register
  • Help

Would like a 12G and/or 17G Gearbox

Bonjour a tous!

Advertisement

Just got back from a lovely trip in France! Boy I've never seen so many french cars (duh!!) ... it sure makes our commodores and falcons a rare breed. Anyways ...

Would like to find a 12G and/or 17G 5 speed gearbox to suit my current 12G and 17 engines. Any help appreciated!!!

I also managed to bring back "les anciennes etudes de la REVUE TECHNIQUE, Renault 12 Gordini" Technical journal ... in French of course. I'll be making a photocopy shortly and keeping the original archived ... so if anyone with a 12 Gordini would like a photocopy I'll be glad to help ( as long as there aren't 100 of you ... cause that's a lot of post stamps).

Merci!

Sylvain (aka Azure)

I have a 17G gearbox that is spare. I was planning on keeping it for when my dies but. As I said in an earlier post I might be convinced to part with it for OBSCENE amounts of money (and a copy of your 12G booklet).

See post below wanting "Rare as Hens Teeth 17G engine and gearbox wanted"
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Ok ... now what is your definition of obscene amounts??? Also ... are the 17G and 12G the only 5 speed gear boxes that fit a 12G engine without any modification??? (I do currently have a modified 18 5 speed)

Sylvain

Have to check technical fit with someone mechanical like Dave Cavanagh. When I talk obscene I mean really obscene. Seriously, I wouldn't like to put a price on it although I have previously heard of them going for about $2500. Mine's not really for sale because I believe it is even dearer than that to rebuild them. However I am toying with the idea of selling the box to fund the restoration of the 17 I have. Given I dont need to sell is why I can afford to wait for someone to offer obscene amounts of wallet filler.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Fellow Frogger!
    ok a a 12g owner i would like a copy of this book if u not busy sunday come down to point leo an u may see some cool as renaults as it is rccv club run
    now with the gearbox situation im not sure if an 18 box fits it may but im not sure another 12 g owner who has no 5 speed it trial fitting a 18 box
    my 12 g gearbox a 17g bellhousing on it though as it shortens cable length an easier cluthch response.
    now for the book my contact detailsare as follows [email protected] or sms me on 0412303815 thanks
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

What about using a Fuego box'?

Thread Information