THULE roof racks to suit Peugeot 306 for sale
  • Register
  • Help
    SW

THULE roof racks to suit Peugeot 306 for sale

Hi,

I have an unwanted pair of Thule roof racks which I have taken off a 1996 Peugeot 306 XSi for sale.

Advertisement

I am unsure whether or not they will fit other models or even other cars - you may wish to check with a dealer as they are extendable width ways.

They are the rectangular tube model which sits on pads on the roof and locks into the ledge above the window - they are key lockable.

They are as new and I am open to offers for them but would expect offers over the $100 mark.

Please email me if you would like a photo or call me on 0410 647 869 if you would like to inspect them. I live in the the lower Blue Mountains in Sydney and work in the Parramatta area.

thanks
    Scott

PS I could probably post them anywhere if necessary

HAHAAH i got the same set so if someone in Melbourne is interested PM me, very handy for the ski season .

rek
    A few questions...

Will these attach properly to a 3-door 306? Is there a model number or something to check compatibility?

Are the racks themselves easily removable, or do they have to be professionally installed, with some permanent work done to the roof (i.e. holes drilled etc.)?

Forgive me for ignorance, but I have no idea how roof racks attach to the roof..
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

SW
    Peter

They are fully removable and dont need professional installation or any modifications to the roof.

They have "pads" which sit on the roof and they are clamped into position between the door and frame - each of these clamps are key lockable.

I don't think 3 doors would be an issue - depending on where you can clamp them, the length span may be slightly reduced.

Hope this helps

regards
    Scott

Rek, the 3 door uses unique racks. I have Thule racks (the only racks you can get for 306) on the GTi6. If you remove the rubber stripping from the top of the door/roof. You will see a sticker covering a screw hole. Thule supply the screw that goes in this hole. That's the front all well and sorted.

The back uses a different bracket that goes down and clasps under the gap at the top of the rear window. You then tighten the clamp (so it goes upwards) and it secures it in place.

It's a bit hard to describe, hope I just did! In short you NEED the 3 door ones. Sorry guys.

Tip with them is be careful when installing them as the Peugeots have crap paint that is easily scratchable. Also, make sure the roof is clean before mounting them. So get some Meguiars Final Inspection or Quick Detailer and wipe down the area where the pad will sit.

Rek, for cycling the Thule fork mounted racks are awesome, a real pleasure to use. The Rola ones I had on the Golf were much more fiddly. Rola ones have to be pad mounted INTO the roof of a 306...no thanks...
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Thread Information