Peugeot 404 workshop manual.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Peugeot 404 workshop manual.

Does anyone have a workshop manual for a 404? I have one by Autobooks but its not very comprehensive. Is the Scientific Publications one any better? If so, does anyone have one for sale question

Advertisement
    404 - "At least I own it"

I've got a genuine Peugeot one, but it is not for sale, as I have a 404 resto project. I hope to have a scanner soon, so I could possibly scan it and email to you when I do.
    This might not be for a month or two though.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Tadpole
    Thanks Pugnut. If I can't find a good manual I might take you up on the offer. Maybe just ask you for specific sections when I need them. Let me know if/when you get a scanner. cheers!

If you like, I have one you can borrow. I'm fresh out of 404's at the moment so won't be needing it, but do want to keep it for posterity (whatever that is) It is well used and covered in grease and has many cryptic handwritten notes.

Joakes:
    Thanks Pugnut. If I can't find a good manual I might take you up on the offer. Maybe just ask you for specific sections when I need them. Let me know if/when you get a scanner. cheers!
    Will do. Must help fellow 404 owners!
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Tadpole
    Pugknut:
    If you like, I have one you can borrow. I'm fresh out of 404's at the moment so won't be needing it, but do want to keep it for posterity (whatever that is) It is well used and covered in grease and has many cryptic handwritten notes.
    Fantastic offer Pugknut. I'll send you an email.

Fellow Frogger!
    Hi - I have 3 404 manuals - an Autobook, another english one(can't recall the brand!)and a genuine Factory one (photocopy) Also have lots of bits including complete set of excellent doors and SS body strips. Can send list by email.
    regards - Don.
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Joakes:
    Is the Scientific Publications one any better?
    No. I have both it and the Autobook one. The Autobook is better.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Fellow Frogger!
    I have the factory 404 manual in English plus the factory Fuel Injection, Automatique, and Hydrovac workshop manual supplements, also in English.

Any or all of these could be photocopied by me at about 15 cents CDN per page, but two of these are long manuals (especially the main 404 manual) so you might be better off trying to secure a real one on Ebay. On the other hand, the English Injection manual is short-ish and of key importance if you have, or are hoping/planning to get, a 404 Injection. That one would be around $23 CDN, plus postage. The Auto and Hydrovac manuals are not too long at all.
    -Mike
    1966 404 Coupé KF2
    1989 405 DL
    2005 smart fortwo cdi cabrio

Default Automatique supplement

[QUOTE=M. Tippett;72905]I have the factory 404 manual in English plus the factory Fuel Injection, Automatique, and Hydrovac workshop manual supplements, also in English.

I would be very grateful if you could get me a digital copy of the Automatique supplement!! I have been rebuilding a 404 that was one foot in the grave when I found her. After about a year I'm getting close, but it would be great if I could have some help with the Automatique tranny.
    My email is [email protected], drop me a line.
    Cheers,
    Wade

I've got a genuine 404 Peugeot Workshop Manual in PDF format (disk) if you want. Send me a PM with you details and I send it to you.
    Cheers
    Dano

Thread Information