205 Leather Seats wanted
  • Register
  • Help

205 Leather Seats wanted

Does anybody know of a Classic or other 205GTi being wrecked with leather front seats?

Almost as good, would be info on where others may have had standard seats re-upholstered (cost etc.)

Advertisement

Cheers

Carl
    1991 205 GTi (Silver)
    2005 Clio Sport 182 Cup (FRB)

I pretty sure the series 2s only ever had half leather seats sides etc, the classics had full leather.

I know of some places in Vic that can retrim and repad seats in the material/leather of your choice. Though i don't know any in NSW, someone here will, if not, check out restoration places.

From the places i've been to and used, to get a "decent" job you will be spending at least $500+ per seat, but for the money the seats should feel and be better trimmed when they were new.

it's probably worth also considering aftermarket seats and even 205SI seats...i think they are quite similar to the gtis but only trimmed in material.
    ________
    Web shows
    Last edited by DTwo; 22nd August 2011 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks DTwo,
    My GTi only has the standard series 1 cloth seats at the moment. Not really so keen on after aftermarket seats as I want to stay at least semi-original. My seats aren't so bad at the moment but I love the feel of the half leather seats in the late 306Gti 6 and Si's etc.

My passenger seat is nearing re-upholstery and I'm sure that I'll probably realise just how 'dead' they are if I get them re-padded etc. At this stage that might be the best option. I Appreciate the price guide. Thx

Carlos

<small>[ 29 April 2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: avi81n ]</small>
    1991 205 GTi (Silver)
    2005 Clio Sport 182 Cup (FRB)

Thread Information