headlight 205
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: headlight 205

Tadpole

headlight 205

Just brought a 90 model gti, need need right hand headlight and indicator assembley, also any info on what i actually brought .90 model , black , cloth seats ,drum brakes on back , where is the engine stamp ? so i can tell if is a 1.9 or 1.6 model . any info is greatly appreciated as this is my first peugeot . thanks mick

Advertisement

early OZ spec 1.9 GTi's had rear drums like the 1.6GTi.
    Unless you've bought one of the few private import 1.6's i'd be pretty sure that it's a 1.9GTi assuming it's a GTi.

Andreas

1000+ Posts
    i might be able to help u out with the orange indicator as i have a set in the back shed. one of them has a small stone hole in it tho..i'll check which side if your interested. as far as the headlight goes give peter a phone at autofive uk. he has 2 types available, factory original at 29gbp or a "e" approved at 19gbp. the latter is good quality...made by hella. welcome to the 205 world. cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    correct me if i am wrong but any of the very few 1.6 GTi's that were privately imported weren't they super fuel models ?
    i remember years ago my sis looking at a 1.6 and it was a super fuel GTi without cat
    went ok but NRMA wouldn't touch it as it wasn't in their books
    any NSW club members might remember a dark frey one that Ian robinson took to a club meeting one night many years ago
    it was one of the very first 205's in the country and it was seen many times around the moorebank/liverpool area for a fair while before 205's were on the market here
    well vutting the story short
    this was the same car we looked at
    i don't know where that one ever ended up
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Tadpole
    Thanks for the info . I did some research and found out it is a Australian delivery 1.9 built feb 90 , brought from , i think its Reagens in hawthorn Melbourne . doesn,t have all the good bits though , like suunroof or 15 inch wheels ,so am interested in tracing down a set and also a new bumper ,as the old one is dented up.Are there after market , go fast parts available ie chip , that don,t effect drivability? Thanks again mick

Thread Information