Gordini Engine Parts Wanted - 1135
  • Register
  • Help

Gordini Engine Parts Wanted - 1135

Rocker Gear needed to complete engine.

Advertisement

I've asked for this one before, but without success.

One hero corresponded that yes he probably had the parts but wasn't interested in selling them, swapping them maybe but then terminated the correspondence...thanks for that, doesn't make one inclined to ever drive beyond Murray Bridge!

The nearest source I could find then was Canada and the asking price was just prohibitive because of the exchange rate factor.

Any ideas people??
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

I can't help, but I concur with what you say about timewasters offering stuff who then end up messing you around with no results.

As for sourcing a rocker set, I would say your chances are slim, you could try Mecaparts <a href="http://www.mecaparts.com" target="_blank">www.mecaparts.com</a> they sell new parts, but may have a source for secondhand stuff on request. But don't expect it to be as cheap as an R12 set, G parts are quite sought after! Paul Silva in Canada may not be cheap, but at least he has a set to sell.

So have you joined the G-set as well?

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

They may also suffer the exhange rate problem; and have been known to be expensive, but have you tried that Agosta fellow who occasionally lists on Katriina's messageboard. I think I may have his email address if you need it.

For normal R8 parts I have found Iberparts very easy and good to deal with. They may be able to help with G parts also if they are available new?
    KB

Hi Simon,

No. no G for me. This 1135 motor was a part of a collection of parts that came with an 1134 shell, 1134 motor and running gear a friend of mine purchased a while back. I think it and the 1134 originally came from the legendary Munns farm at Braidwood.

The 1135 motor was in bits and neede some work on the block. That's been done and it's more or less ready to put together. The only part we can't find is the rocker gear. I tried Paul Silva in Vancouver(?) but he didn't have the bits to sell at the time. Eventually it was Alpine America in Quebec that came up with the goods. Very helpful but just too expensive.

Someone else opined that Alpine rocker gear would fit, which of course, greatly expands the options
    ???.

Thanks for the advice Simon you are worth your weight in gold on this site, however I do beg to differ on the daffodil yellow 10 chick magnet issue.

If the R12 can feature in a tv ad for feminine hygiene products then indeed anything else is possible.

[quote]Originally posted by Simon:
    <strong>I can't help, but I concur with what you say about timewasters offering stuff who then end up messing you around with no results.

As for sourcing a rocker set, I would say your chances are slim, you could try Mecaparts <a href="http://www.mecaparts.com" target="_blank">www.mecaparts.com</a> they sell new parts, but may have a source for secondhand stuff on request. But don't expect it to be as cheap as an R12 set, G parts are quite sought after! Paul Silva in Canada may not be cheap, but at least he has a set to sell.

So have you joined the G-set as well?

Simon</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that, I'll give Roberto a go and check out the Agosta connection as well.

The US dollar was the issue with the bits from Canada (all quoted in US currency).

Thanks again :p

[quote]Originally posted by renault8&10:
    <strong>They may also suffer the exhange rate problem; and have been known to be expensive, but have you tried that Agosta fellow who occasionally lists on Katriina's messageboard. I think I may have his email address if you need it.

For normal R8 parts I have found Iberparts very easy and good to deal with. They may be able to help with G parts also if they are available new?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Bogmaster,
    Thanks for the elevation to "hero".
    As I told you, Gordini parts are worth more than mere money. As you stated you don't have anything to swap, then I can't help you. As you have found out, parts are hard to come by, but if you really need it, then you may have to pay the price demanded by the European spare parts organisations. R1135 motors are hard to come by even in France.
    Besides, I'm sure there are more deserving recipients than a mate of a mate who's building a "bitza".
    Having been a Gordini owner for more than 20 years, I've seen many people plead & grab parts but a complete & running Gordini never surfaces.
    As for the possibility of Alpine motors making it your challenge easier, think again. There are many Alpines in Europe (mainly V85's) running 5 Alpine motors as the genuine Type 812 or 816 engines are so rare.

Kind Regards,
    Robert Lee
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

DO NOT do business with Alpine-America in Québec, if you can avoid it. They are simply middle-men (with an additional profit margin, of course) for the following site based in France: <a href="http://www.mecaparts.com/frameGB.html" target="_blank">http://www.mecaparts.com/frameGB.html</a>

They even use the same oddball part numbers...but the prices on the (cheaper) Mecaparts site are actually listed (hooray!) in Euros.

I haven't checked for 1135 rocker gear on that site but you should. And if it's not there, ask.

I have a friend in Vancouver, Doug Carlisle, who has some interesting cars: a 1135, restored, a Dinalpin A110 and a R 1229 converted to R1223 specifications (except he has an HA-1 gearbox instead of the split case). He also has two complete R 1135s in bits. 1135 rocker gear does seem to wear prematurely...it might be cheaper to get some machined up and hardened locally. Doug will not sell any of his stuff, it's made of "unobtainium" and really is priceless, if one needs it. So don't get too upset if someone does not want to part with this stuff - would you?
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Thanks for that.

The guys in Quebec sourced the rocker parts second hand, I don't think that Mecaparts was involved in that.

Although as you point out, Alpine America appears to be mainly a reseller of Mecaparts stock - even down to the online catalog.

It's not a question of being upset with people for not wanting to part with the stuff, it's just that I can't work out why the particular individual bothered to correspond at all.The term "complete w*nker" comes to mind.

[quote]Originally posted by Mike Tippett:
    <strong>DO NOT do business with Alpine-America in Québec, if you can avoid it. They are simply middle-men (with an additional profit margin, of course) for the following site based in France: <a href="http://www.mecaparts.com/frameGB.html" target="_blank">http://www.mecaparts.com/frameGB.html</a>

They even use the same oddball part numbers...but the prices on the (cheaper) Mecaparts site are actually listed (hooray!) in Euros.

I haven't checked for 1135 rocker gear on that site but you should. And if it's not there, ask.

I have a friend in Vancouver, Doug Carlisle, who has some interesting cars: a 1135, restored, a Dinalpin A110 and a R 1229 converted to R1223 specifications (except he has an HA-1 gearbox instead of the split case). He also has two complete R 1135s in bits. 1135 rocker gear does seem to wear prematurely...it might be cheaper to get some machined up and hardened locally. Doug will not sell any of his stuff, it's made of "unobtainium" and really is priceless, if one needs it. So don't get too upset if someone does not want to part with this stuff - would you?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jesus Rob,

You are truly amazing.

[quote]Originally posted by BogMaster:
    <strong>Thanks for that.

The guys in Quebec sourced the rocker parts second hand, I don't think that Mecaparts was involved in that.

Although as you point out, Alpine America appears to be mainly a reseller of Mecaparts stock - even down to the online catalog.

It's not a question of being upset with people for not wanting to part with the stuff, it's just that I can't work out why the particular individual bothered to correspond at all.The term "complete w*nker" comes to mind.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thread Information