Petrol 505 motor
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Petrol 505 motor

I have just picked up an older car which I am wrecking for some bits and pieces for another old 505 Diesel - the car is a petrol engined car and I won't be using any of the engine bits - the carb has been reconditioned, engine starts and runs instantly (even from cold), has done 250,000 and would be happy with $150 for it - to pay for the towing!

Advertisement

I will cut up the body and scap it!
    Regards

Peter

Tadpole

Hi,
    Just wanted to request details on 505 engine, eg manual/auto, fuel system, condition etc? I have a 84 exective i'm working on which is a bit of a crossbreed, and is probably easier to replace the engine then repair. I'm in Brisbane QLD, so what is your ideal price $/or transport arrangements? This is currently just an enquiry as I have yet to arrange finances and mechanic services.
    Thank you very much for your help,
    Ellana.

I think you're talking of different engines there...

Sounds to me like Peter has a 'slogger'... the iron-block XN engine. In fact, it has to be, as it's the only engine that came in the 505 with a carby.

Though I don't know all the ins and outs of 505 models, I'm fairly sure the Executive uses the Douvrin engine, the all-aluminium engine of the STi and GTi... or am I wrong?

If, on the other hand, I am wrong... and you can strike up a deal with Peter, and all fits together in time, I can pick up the engine and transport it to Brisbane early next week as my trailer is passing that way.

Peter... nice to hear from you again... would like to talk to you some time anyway. I'm on 0409 063 662 if you'd like to text or call me and I'll call you back. Oh, and yes, is the car you're stripping a manual or auto?

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

all carb 505's were XN's

exec's were the douvrin
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Tadpole

Default Very Old ad

I am affraid that this was a very OLD ad - October 2001. Ray Bell purchased/swapped this engine with me for a non turbo diesel with a cash adjustment. The remainder of this particular Car (Body etc) was just recently taken to the recyclers for scrap.

I have a few bits and pieces that I will be quitting as I am leaving from here and moving to a smaller home (with no storage for such toys) - still available are mag wheels for a 505 (that has standard 15" tire size), some tail lights, headlights etc. I have a Auto 505 with some engine issues for which I will be keeping the above diesel in case I need some parts from it. But may not need it and it could be for sale when I get around to looking at the job.

Cheers

Peter

Huh... I thought it was strange that I didn't see the thread yesterday morning...

This engine is now in a car I did up for my stepson. He got sick of it and has sold it to a man who, I think, has ideas of exporting it to Egypt!

Ah well... it happens that way sometimes... Peter, could you please contact me?

Tadpole

Default 505 engine

Hi ELLANA

I still have a 505 engine out of a manual executive for sale , the engine had done around 280,000 k and was head reconditioned prior to that. I have some other bits and pieces also like a diff, bonnet & boot etc

I'm in Brisbane if anyone is interested 07 3356 4140 (H)

Hi Ian... how long is it since we pulled that engine out?

Yes, Ellana, that's a good engine for you, and already in Brisbane. Needs a bit of a degrease, mind (as all the Douvrin engines seem to do...), but the price is right and it will certainly do the job for you.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by peter stein
    I am affraid that this was a very OLD ad - October 2001. Ray Bell purchased/swapped this engine with me for a non turbo diesel with a cash adjustment. The remainder of this particular Car (Body etc) was just recently taken to the recyclers for scrap.

I have a few bits and pieces that I will be quitting as I am leaving from here and moving to a smaller home (with no storage for such toys) - still available are mag wheels for a 505 (that has standard 15" tire size), some tail lights, headlights etc. I have a Auto 505 with some engine issues for which I will be keeping the above diesel in case I need some parts from it. But may not need it and it could be for sale when I get around to looking at the job.

Cheers

Peter
    The wheels you are talking about . Whats the story? What are they and how much. Call me 0263834263 or emal [email protected]

Thread Information