WTB - 404 Strut Nut
  • Register
  • Help

Icon7 WTB - 404 Strut Nut

Does anyone have one of the nuts pictured below? This is for a friend of mine and as I have had little to do with 404s I'm only going on his description. Apparently it is off the bottom of the front strut in a recess?? I think he means it holds the ball joint on. It is also in a bugger of a place and there is a tool that is used to remove them, where do you get them?

Cheers,

Matt.

[email protected]

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB - 404 Strut Nut-nut01.jpg   WTB - 404 Strut Nut-nut02.jpg  
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Does anyone have one of the nuts pictured below? This is for a friend of mine and as I have had little to do with 404s I'm only going on his description. Apparently it is off the bottom of the front strut in a recess?? I think he means it holds the ball joint on. It is also in a bugger of a place and there is a tool that is used to remove them, where do you get them?

Cheers,

Matt.

[email protected]
    You get them when you buy a kit, same as 504.
    I would say that if the thread was damaged then the corresponding thread on the strut would also be damaged, not be used!
    I use a small chisel (carefuly) to remove and replace. I also make sure that it is staked properly and use loktite.
    Graham

Icon7

Thanks Graham. He bought two ball joint kits and has lost one of the nuts. That's why I'm after one. If any one has a spare one off an old ball joint it would be much appreciated.

The other one he is having a lot of trouble getting off, they must have used 262 on it last time. The problem is the car's way over in Nth Albury and I haven't had time to give him a hand with it, he's not mechanically minded.

Matt.

VIP Sponsor

Thanks Graham. He bought two ball joint kits and has lost one of the nuts. That's why I'm after one. If any one has a spare one off an old ball joint it would be much appreciated.

The other one he is having a lot of trouble getting off, they must have used 262 on it last time. The problem is the car's way over in Nth Albury and I haven't had time to give him a hand with it, he's not mechanically minded.

Matt.
    I do have one.
    Sounds like you wouldn't like living in Melbourne then!
    Graham

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Matt.

apply a litle heat to the nut and the loctite releases

loctite thread lock reacts to heat and lets go
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Icon7

Thanks Graham, I'll send you an email. No, Wodonga is busy enough for me! I'll try the heat Rambo.

Matt.

Thread Information