fuego expansion bottle
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 fuego expansion bottle

hi does any one have a good fuego expansion bottle that doesnt have damage or cracks in it that they want to sell. i have obtained a new type from ken at caravelle in the past but before i buy a new unit for my new red rocket i thought id ask the question. also looking for a paris rhone alt to suit the same came regards tim k

Advertisement

Tim,
    In case you're not aware, you need to protect the top of the expansion bottle from ultra-violet rays from the sun. Glue a piece of rubber over the area that can be seen through the air vents in the winscreen sill panel. Whether you get a new one or a good 2nd hand one, they need protection.
    As for the alternator, replace the Paris-Rhone with a Bosch. Parts for the Paris-Rhone are either way too expensive and/or are not always available. I have converter my 2 Fuegos using the alternator from a TN/TP Magna ( circa 1986/1992). They are either 70A or 85A depending on which one you can dig up. I get them from U-Pull-It at Lonsdale for $30 each. You need to change over the pulley and space it out to give the same distance from the front of the mount on the engine. Snip the wires so that you get the plug from the Magna unit. If you proceed down this path, and you need additional information on this transformation, send me a PM.
    Robert
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

Tadpole

Icon7 ren 20 expansion bottle

Hi Timk, have a renault 20 exp bottle,good condition, not sure if it fits the Fuego?? Its been hidden from the elements in a Ren 20 boot for approx 4 years...originally got it from u pullit at Lonsdale in SA...I am in Brisvegas now..u can have it cheap...with post paid..Also great advice from alpinesau...i set up a bosch system to save about $300 from the auto elec..with my alternator..cheers Stevay.

Default alternator

hi and thanks for the advice does anybody know if a bosch alternator from a 25 would do the trick as i spied a almost new unit at u pull it yesterday many thanks timk

Thread Information