Wtb-205 Gti Dizzy With Working Vac Adv.
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Wtb-205 Gti Dizzy With Working Vac Adv.

    Im after a working 205 gti distributer with a working vaccuum advance for
    1987 series 1.
    must be in good nick
    ta-BAZZ

    Advertisement
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Hey.. if all you're after is the vac adv. you can purchase the vac advance from bosch germany.. I got one 2 years ago

    $50 for the part $50 for the shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    Im after a working 205 gti distributer with a working vaccuum advance for
    1987 series 1.
    must be in good nick
    ta-BAZZ
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    COOL ,THANKS MATE.
    ive been told that you can order them from bursons spares,dont know how reputable the information is though.-BAZZ
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin B
    Hey.. if all you're after is the vac adv. you can purchase the vac advance from bosch germany.. I got one 2 years ago

    $50 for the part $50 for the shipping

    That's good news. I thought they had become as rare as rocking horse s**t.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Ingram's got it for me..

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    That's good news. I thought they had become as rare as rocking horse s**t.
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    Im after a working 205 gti distributer with a working vaccuum advance for
    1987 series 1.
    must be in good nick
    ta-BAZZ
    Bazz, yer box is full as a co-drivers undies...
    205gti

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! DJ-Studd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    545

    Default

    How did you order it from Bosch Germany?

    Ta.
    -- DJ

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    my undies were only full from pissing myself laughing at a 205 GTi rally car that was still on the road at the end of the first day of the Alpine Rally

    heheheh

    note : it DID over take us on the tarmac stage (flat tyre)

    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Bazz, yer box is full as a co-drivers undies...
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    apologies.. sent from bosch germany (hence the $$$ for shipping). Ordered via Ingrams.

    Or, alternatively you could call Bosch Australia with the dizzy part number and ask them for the vac advance.. I am sure this is all the Ingram's guys did (took them 2 days to find the part from memory)....

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Studd
    How did you order it from Bosch Germany?

    Ta.
    -- DJ
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Heidelberg/melbourne
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin B
    my undies were only full from pissing myself laughing at a 205 GTi rally car that was still on the road at the end of the first day of the Alpine Rally

    heheheh

    note : it DID over take us on the tarmac stage (flat tyre)
    Well, the car was on the road... pity the engine wasn't actually attached!
    205gti

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    That's good news. I thought they had become as rare as rocking horse s**t.
    Exactly what ive been told by the peugeot mechanics which is why i posted for whole working dizzy.
    if i can get the vac ad whooo hooo saves me big bux.
    may call bosch or ingrams.
    does anyone have the part no for the vac ad or the part.model number for the dizzy pretty polease-BAZZ
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Bazz, yer box is full as a co-drivers undies...
    ITS NOW AS EMPTY AS A RALLY CARS OWNER WALLET.-BAZZhttp://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Same here!!! both engine mounts snapped (happens at every rally for the TR7) it was just sitting there... when cornering 3rd gear became 1st or 5th depending on whether you were turning left or right

    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Well, the car was on the road... pity the engine wasn't actually attached!
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! Justin B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lugarno, Sydney
    Posts
    236

    Default

    I didn't have the vac adv. # when I went hunting for it... that said, maybe I did from the peugeot parts CD's ? I can't remember.

    I did have ALL the paper work, receipts for my 205, but I threw it all out when the car was written off from an act of vandalism.

    don't forget, the vac advance is useless if you are wide open throttle all the time. And while I did replace my van advance, it didn't change the behaviour of my 205 GTI Series 1, nor did it stop the fowling of the plugs or improve fuel econ.

    When replacing hte vac adv. on a 60 series landcruiser (Petrol obviously) that went from 4 k's per litre to 6 ks' per litre. my 205 remained at 10k's per litre



    Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    Exactly what ive been told by the peugeot mechanics which is why i posted for whole working dizzy.
    if i can get the vac ad whooo hooo saves me big bux.
    may call bosch or ingrams.
    does anyone have the part no for the vac ad or the part.model number for the dizzy pretty polease-BAZZ
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin B
    I didn't have the vac adv. # when I went hunting for it... that said, maybe I did from the peugeot parts CD's ? I can't remember.

    I did have ALL the paper work, receipts for my 205, but I threw it all out when the car was written off from an act of vandalism.

    don't forget, the vac advance is useless if you are wide open throttle all the time. And while I did replace my van advance, it didn't change the behaviour of my 205 GTI Series 1, nor did it stop the fowling of the plugs or improve fuel econ.

    When replacing hte vac adv. on a 60 series landcruiser (Petrol obviously) that went from 4 k's per litre to 6 ks' per litre. my 205 remained at 10k's per litre

    [IN VERY HIGH PITCHED VOICE]-REALLY!!!!!??????
    i thought it may improve the fuel economy.
    do you reckon its worth spending the $ fixing it .
    i dont get fouled plugs,ive had the same beru plugs for nearly 38.000 k's and they are still fine and dont foul.
    i also dont drive foot flat to the floor all the time,ive heard that the vac adv will improve intial throttle respons or something similar.????http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif
    i called bosch today and they are getting back to me.-BAZZ
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Yeah well there a funny crew at bosch.
    they reckon that they can find the right vac advance but they aslo say that they have never had an order for one before which is why it took so long to trace the part no etc.
    this i find very difficult to beleive that no one has ever tried to order this part before .
    oh well,the guy i spoke to there was very helpfull and is getting back with price availability etc.
    i also spoke with another fellow the previous day about a different part and he went out of his way to be a hinderence,wouldnt tell me anything at all.
    you get all types i suppose.
    -BAZZ
    BAZGTI
    87' 205 gti anthacite grey
    electric sunroof/tinted windows
    koni yellow adjustables/sparco strut brace.
    15" polished speedlines.
    momo steering wheel.

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Liverpool NSW
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    ... does anyone have the part no for the vac ad or the part.model number for the dizzy pretty polease-BAZZ
    12= 5951.76 VACUUM UNIT BOSCH
    if u want the actual bosch number i'll get back to u wen i check on the pug.
    the pic mite also be of assistance.
    Puggy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wtb-205 Gti Dizzy With Working Vac Adv.-distributor-detail-bosch-0237009-051-074.gif  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •