504 diesel wanted...
  • Register
  • Help

Default 504 diesel wanted...

The motor we had lined up with my friend in Melbourne fell through, he sold it! I hate when people do that, you're counting on something as part of the equation and then they sell it because they weren't sure you wanted it. Oh well, now we've got a 504 diesel with a bung motor and no replacement here in Tas. If anyone in Tassie has a good 504 diesel engine laying around or even a line on a rebuild kit for one, let me know.

Advertisement

I know there is one in Ballarat now, but I just don't have time to go there and get the whole car and bring it down here. I also have a problem with exchanging one worn out 300K engine for another. I think the best bet would be to rebuild the one that's in it if I can find a kit. Where does one buy these rebuild kits? Has anyone ever rebuilt a 504 diesel or does everyone continually put second hand motors in their cars?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by downunderyank; 26th January 2006 at 07:47 PM.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

Gday,

Craig Salmon has a couple of 504 D's kicking around down at his workshop....talk with him would be the go..

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Default 504 diesel

I spoke to Craig today, he wants $550 for the engine he has and it is an unknown. Does anyone have a really good 504 or 505 diesel engine sitting in a car thats smashed or in their shed? I've now got my firend's car sitting in my driveway with no end in sight and it's not good. I really don't want to pay good money for a mystery motor that might die next months, nor do I want to rebuild a new motor for $2000. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

Default diesel still wanted

I'm still looking for a good 504 or 505 diesel engine for my mate's car. It's been sitting here for over 3 months now and he's getting restless. Does anyone have a really good diesel sitting in their shed or one that could at least go for a few years yet.

Default 504 diesel engine

Living in America, it is usually I who is in the wrong place. {Peugeot deals in a country that Peugeot abandoned in 1991...nope.} This time you Aussies are in the wrong part of the world. A 1981 or 1982{I can't remember built month on manufacturer's plate} 504D wagon with 70,000 miles{origional}. Car is a rust bucket. Mailing car to Australia might be a tad expensive, mates.
    I haven't scoffed it up because it's too different than 1978 504D sedan. Same previous owner...was sitting idle, in same in same field. Mine had 68,000miles and proof of ownership from day one{ a lot less rusty too}. The only drawback was that the origional owner bottomed the transmission on a rock and casing was in two pieces. Fortunately an Aussie mailed me the part{after Airport Security wanted to know what the hell it was}.
    Message to Downunder...last chance...one strut for one sock! The sock will take up less room in your garage.

Giles

Default rust

I know all about rust, I come from Minnesota where they spread salt on roads like a fat guy spreads margarine on white bread! I've had one car that was so rusty that the front crossmember broke as I was driving it into North Dakota and the engine fell onto the road!

have found a good 504 diesel engine in Brisbane so I should be fine, although I'm still considering your sock offer, I'll get back to you.

Thread Information