turbo diesel rebuilder wanted...
  • Register
  • Help

Default turbo diesel rebuilder wanted...

I am trying to decide weather it is better to use the engine I've got in my existing 505 for my 504 wagon project or if I should rebuild a turbo diesel from scratch. Does anyone have a 505 diesel engine that is really tired or has a cracked head or blown head gasket laying around or even better, a nice low K' one out of a smashed car that they want to sell? I've figured that it will cost me around $2000 for a kit and machining but I've already got a rebuilt injector pump and injectors and turbo laying here and all the other parts I need, I just need the block.

Advertisement
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

Tadpole

Default oil burner saga

Hello; talk to me! Along with the other stuff, I have a motor which needs a rebuild; I just did not want to dump it. My son was hit and the car became a wreck, but there is a lot of mechanical stuff which could be useful. Is there any way we could get the stuff to you cheaply? Greg at [email protected]

Default wagon diesel

The engine will be going into a 504 diesel wagon that is a South African import model. It should have a 3.7 ratio or similar. It will be my daily driver around Tassie. Where are the Redlands? Does the engine run well already or is pretty tired? I'm starting to think unless I can get a rebuilder for damn near nothing, I would be better off financially to buy a complete car and get the PS and BA10/5 box.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by downunderyank
    The engine will be going into a 504 diesel wagon that is a South African import model.
    So you found a wagon with a factory fitted diesel engine? Nice!

There are a few 504 diesel sedans getting around Australia with a live rear axle and a 3.7:1 diff in them. These drop straight into the wagon, and have a much more appropriate ratio for the diesel. If your South African import is diesel, it too will have the 3.7:1 diff.

If this is the case, nice find, let's see some photos!
    Last edited by Demannu; 12th February 2006 at 10:24 AM.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

Did this in 1993
    504 wagon 2.4 diesel
    3.7 diff from a 504 live axle sedan ( ex- French taxi I think)
    Stock 4 speed
    Drove it from Melbourne to Sydney a couple of times.
    Not Good......could have done with a 6 speed.
    Good around the suburbs though.

Tadpole

Default diesel engines

I am trying to decide weather it is better to use the engine I've got in my existing 505 for my 504 wagon project or if I should rebuild a turbo diesel from scratch. Does anyone have a 505 diesel engine that is really tired or has a cracked head or blown head gasket laying around or even better, a nice low K' one out of a smashed car that they want to sell? I've figured that it will cost me around $2000 for a kit and machining but I've already got a rebuilt injector pump and injectors and turbo laying here and all the other parts I need, I just need the block.

I have previously advertised my two XD2 engines for sale.didn't get much interest.
    They are still for sale,have just put them in the trading post (NSW).for $600.
    I have one complete except for injectors and one minus the head.
    Suggest you phone me for more info.
    David Browning.
    02 47843316

Default diesels

David, I have spoken to you before regarding the engine you have. To be quite honest, they are not that good of a deal. I am probably one of the biggest pug diesel heads around at the moment and I wouldn't buy them at that price. I guess it is hard to justify anengine that needs parts and is still unknown to the buyer for $600 whn you can go and buy a running turbo car for $2000 and hear it and drive it home. It costs the same to have an engine rebuilt or injectors or pumps done on the XD2 as the XD2S so I really don't know why anyone would opt for the non turbo as the turbo is som much nicer. I'm sorry if I offended, but I think the mechanic that told you they were worth that much should buy htem himself.

The 504 diesel I had lined up fell through anyhow so now I'm back to looking for a car first.

The 504 diesel I had lined up fell through anyhow so now I'm back to looking for a car first.
    There is a bloke advertising inthe Quokka www.quokka.com.au in WA two turbo diesel 505 engines - one running. He claims that one is good but the gauges don't work in the car so it was hard to tell when my father went to have a look.

Anyway, if you don't care about condition you might get lucky.

Regards,
    John Lane.
    Current: 406 Coupe, 504 Sedan

Previous: 306XSi, 205GTi, 206Gti, 505 V6, 505 Wagon, 504 Sedan, 504 Wagon, 306Gti6, 306XT, 205Si, Citroen XM, Citroen Xantia

Default WA diesel

Thanks for that, but getting them from WA to Tassie would be just too damn expensive. I think I may have a line on one a bit closer. Thanks again.

Thread Information