R25 g'box mounts wanted
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default R25 g'box mounts wanted

Hi,

While fixing the exhaust on my 1985 manual R25, I noticed that both rubber mounts for the g'box are in pretty bad shape. The mounts are the same for the UN1 and NG3 manual boxes, and the MJ3 auto. The left hand side or near side one is part no. 770078319 and the right hand side or off side one is part no. 7700783017.

Does anyone have a set of good secondhand mounts for sale? New ones ex Renault France through the Renault agent in Canberra would cost me more than I paid for the car The spare parts guy who has been helpful in the past suggested that I try overseas.

Does anyone have the address of a supplier overseas who would be cheaper than Renault agents in Oz? I recently got prices from Marchants in the UK for some R25 parts, but they were usually more expensive than through Caravelle (Ken doesn't stock the mounts).

Advertisement

& all the best for the New Year,

Renpete

I put new gearbox mounts on the R25 a couple of years ago, and got them through Ken. He must have run out. If you can wait a couple of months, he will order you in some.

Otherwise, try European Auto Imports in Melbourne.

Tadpole

Default G'box mounts

Hi Renpete

I have a pair of mounts I probably don't need after putting UN1 box in my VW van. One appears relatively new, the other pretty good. For anyone else reading this, I found a UN1 or 395 Renault 20 box in nice condition at Renowreck on the Central Coast the other day. Contact for details.

p.s. Also have r25 aluminium mount bracket.

dm748s
    Last edited by dm748s; 14th January 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dm748s
    Hi Renpete

I have a pair of mounts I probably don't need after putting UN1 box in my VW van. One appears relatively new, the other pretty good. For anyone else reading this, I found a UN1 or 395 Renault 20 box in nice condition at Renowreck on the Central Coast the other day. Contact for details.

p.s. Also have r25 aluminium mount bracket.

dm748s
    Definitely interested in the mounts and the brackets (are they the ones that bolt to the gearbox. PM me re what you want for them and where you are as I may be able to collect. Will check out g'box at Renowreck - where are they?. Out of curiosity, why the UN1 box in a VW van?

Renpete
    Last edited by Renpete; 15th January 2006 at 08:15 AM.

Icon7

Just in case those second hand mounts dont work out - here is a link to a guy in New Zealand who will make any engine/gearbox mount you like,
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-44981109.htm
    -this link goes to an ad. on 'Trade Me' for a set of three mounts for a peugeot 205 for a cost of $430 NZ - but that includes one double mount. The more basic mounts seem to be about $80 each.
    I havent bought engine mounts from him, but the feedback on him and his service on 'Trade Me' looks very good. You need to send him your old mount (whatever it is) and he remakes it with new noelethane to the sample, and can do a range of flexibility, according to what you specify.
    You probably have a service or number of services like this in Australia, but if not, and you're stuck, it could be a means to more happy frogging.
    BTW its a 1939 Panhard Autobus, and if you look very carefully there's a Citroen Traction (approx 1 pixel x 1pixel), approaching from behind the guy who's about to get on the bus.

Thread Information