Used Yoko A032Rs F/S $25ea
  • Register
  • Help

Default Used Yoko A032Rs F/S $25ea

I have a worn set of 195/60/14 Yokohama A032Rs for sale. Worn down to tread wear markers, but would be still good for motorkhanas.

They are from an Improved Production car. Can't be too hard as they set a new record at Mt Cotton Hillclimb for Under 2L cars last time out a few months ago, and have only had a few runs before the rain at the Noosa Hillclimb since.

I have 4, and you must take the lot as I am fast running out of space. PM me please.

Advertisement
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

not enough tread to be road legal?

Dave

No, they are down to the treadbars. Certainly they have visable tread. I think they only come with 4.5mm tread and these are down to 2mm. I guess they would still be OK for a few trackdays. I got a years worth of motorkhanas out of a set with similar wear. The IP cars are now running the Yoko A048Rs.

No one wants to beat the rest of the motorkhana crowd with these tyres in a 405 or 205. I won the QLD motorkhana series(Handicapped depending on wheelbase) three years in a row with a stock 405 sri, and it was only when the handicap was changed to almost that of a mini was I beaten. In a 30 sec test I had a 1.1 sec advantage over a mini with the new handicap. I could beat most sedans in forward but had some difficulty in reverse, and so then the powers that be started making 7 tests a day reverse, atwhich I was still doing OK until the major handcap change. I even won an Australian Championship in class DF.

I said stock, well it did have Mi16 rear torsion bars and a set of Konis, but that was it. No fancy coilovers or hydraulic handbrake or engine mods. I even ran the AO32Rs on the stock steel 5.5" wheels with the std hubcaps, just to annoy the various modded cars in shorter wheelbase length cars more. The handicap for DF (longest wheelbase, front drive) has now been allowed to blow out and so you could win again.

A long rant, but I do think the tyres are worth having.

Thread Information