Wanted: Haynes Fuego manual
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Wanted: Haynes Fuego manual

    Hi,

    I'm after a good 2nd hand Haynes Fuego manual.

    Advertisement


    Renpete

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rowville
    Posts
    103

    Default Feugo Manual

    Last time I checked Caravelle in Box Hill had them new.


    JYD
    JYD

    2003 VW Bora 4 Motion
    2004 VW Golf

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Dog
    Last time I checked Caravelle in Box Hill had them new.


    JYD
    Yeah I know, but I'm stingy - don't really need a new one as it will get oilstained etc pretty quickly. Someone out there must have a manual for sale. PM me re price.

    Penpete

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Bump.
    Surely someone out there must have a used manual for sale or know someone who has, at the rate Fuegos are being wrecked etc.
    Renpete


    Quote Originally Posted by Renpete
    Yeah I know, but I'm stingy - don't really want a new one as it will get oilstained etc pretty quickly. Someone out there must have a manual for sale. PM me re price.

    Penpete

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,928

    Default Have a new (US 984) Haynes soft cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renpete
    Bump.
    Surely someone out there must have a used manual for sale or know someone who has, at the rate Fuegos are being wrecked etc.
    Renpete
    I have a brand new copy of the US edition (Haynes 984) 1982 thru 1985 all models 95.5 cu in (1565 cc) 110.5 cu in (1647 cc).

    Its very similar to the English edition (Haynes 764)(covers 1980 to 1986 all models 1397 cc,1565 cc, 1647 cc, 1995 cc, but doesn't have the chapter 13 supplement. All the rest appears the same.

    Probably the reason that many ex Fuego owners keep their manuals is the high price they had to pay for it. I think Australdi's Haynes cost her about $44 from the Technical Bookshop well over 10 years ago.

    Anyway the US one is available if you are stuck. A reasonable offer would secure it!!

    Ken

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego
    I have a brand new copy of the US edition (Haynes 984) 1982 thru 1985 all models 95.5 cu in (1565 cc) 110.5 cu in (1647 cc).

    Its very similar to the English edition (Haynes 764)(covers 1980 to 1986 all models 1397 cc,1565 cc, 1647 cc, 1995 cc, but doesn't have the chapter 13 supplement. All the rest appears the same.

    Probably the reason that many ex Fuego owners keep their manuals is the high price they had to pay for it. I think Australdi's Haynes cost her about $44 from the Technical Bookshop well over 10 years ago.

    Anyway the US one is available if you are stuck. A reasonable offer would secure it!!

    Ken
    Thanks Ken,

    Will keep it in mind if one doesn't pop out of the woodwork fairly soon. Jeez, it seems that Haynes Fuego manuals are appreciating while Fuegos stagnate at bu**er all or are being scrapped. I could probably buy a Feugo for the price of the manual .Should start collecting Haynes manuals as part of a self-managed superannuation fund portfolio!

    Renpete

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    11,928

    Default Try ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Renpete
    Thanks Ken,

    Will keep it in mind if one doesn't pop out of the woodwork fairly soon. Jeez, it seems that Haynes Fuego manuals are appreciating while Fuegos stagnate at bu**er all or are being scrapped. I could probably buy a Feugo for the price of the manual .Should start collecting Haynes manuals as part of a self-managed superannuation fund portfolio!

    Renpete
    There have been manuals on ebay au that have gone for under $20 so you should be able to pick one up there, but of course postage is additional to your bid.

    I gave one to Al with the last Fuego I sold

    Ken

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •