WTB- 15 " tyres for 205 gti.
  • Register
  • Help

Default WTB- 15 " tyres for 205 gti.

im in the throws of buying a set of 15" speedline rims and need a set of tyres.
    anyone got a set with decent amount of tread left on them.[4]
    i really want these continental tyres i saw today but its over a grand for 4 tyres new.
    with xmas coming up im a bit short of cash.
    so anything like 195 /55/15 185/55/15 will do.
    not that fussed in brand as they will be temporary but a good brand would be nice.
    better keep it local i think
    ta-BAZZ

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hey Bazz, heaps of the guys in the UK run 195/50's very common size as well could pick a new set cheap and use them till you have the spare cash to get some better tyres, just a thought.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Fellow Frogger!

BAZZ,

Tyre spec's for your temporary tyres below. Close matches to open the search field a bit against the stock S3 15in rim came out thus when I punched it into an online calculator:

Size # Sidewall # Diameter # Circumference # Revs/ Mile # Diff

185/55-15 # # 4.0in # # 23.0in # # 72.3in # # 876 # # 0.0% original fit size

195/55-15 # # 4.2in # # 23.4in # # 73.7in # # 860 # # 1.9%

195/50-15 # # 3.8in # # 22.7in # # 71.2in # # 889 # # -1.5%

205/50-15 # # 4.0in # # 23.11in # # 72.5in # # 874 # # 0.3%

Hope this helps,

Yours aye

Sandroper
    93' 205GTi
    'don't force it son - use a bigger hammer'

thanks for the relevant info guys.-BAZZ

hi there

i just got some 15 inch spedlines for my 205

and had the same prob, tyres costing $199 - $270 each for good quality ones.

i found FALKEN 205/50/R15 tyres for 120 dollars each, bargain in my opinion for a falken tyre.

the 205/50/R15 tyre on my car does not have enough clearence at the back, and under hard cornering rubs on the inside of the wheel well. I will need to look into some wheel spacers to prevent this from happening.

In some states, wheel spacers are illegal so easiest thing to do is just put
    195/55/R15 tyres on

aston

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    thanks for the relevant info guys.-BAZZ
    Hey Bazz, go for the 195/50/15, it is better suited to your car and you will have better acceleration. If you don't care about traveling at high revs or your guard looking a bit empty, 195/45/15 will be even better for playing around. The H rated Falkens ZIEX are a great deal, best bang for the buck IMO. They are soft, sticky, and must also be a bit lighter than the other tires and low unsprung weight is always good.

Thanos

once again ,thanks for the info guys
    BUT!!!!!!!!!!
    im trying to but a set of second hand tyres,not startt a thread on relevant tyre sizes for the 15" speedlines.
    i appreciate your input but please lets keep it to people who have tyres for sale resonding to this thread.
    once again ta-BAZZ

I dont know if melbourn has an equivelent to tempe tryes, but If you can find a place where guys go to have 15's taken off and fully sic moot 18 inch cromies put on,you will surely pick up a cheep set.I got rcs alloys with 90% rubber,Michelin, from tempe Tyres for $600 a few years ago.
    jo

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    once again ,thanks for the info guys
    BUT!!!!!!!!!!
    im trying to but a set of second hand tyres,not startt a thread on relevant tyre sizes for the 15" speedlines.
    i appreciate your input but please lets keep it to people who have tyres for sale resonding to this thread.
    once again ta-BAZZ

Yeah as jo said have a look around at your local tyre places, and see what they've got in second hand tyres. Also go to your local wreackers and have a look, one final place to look may be a japanese car importer, there not legaly allowed to sell tyres that come in off imports, but some do under the books.
    Last edited by orestes; 26th November 2005 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    I dont know if melbourn has an equivelent to tempe tryes, but If you can find a place where guys go to have 15's taken off and fully sic moot 18 inch cromies put on,you will surely pick up a cheep set.I got rcs alloys with 90% rubber,Michelin, from tempe Tyres for $600 a few years ago.
    jo

IM just about to do the second hand tyre crawl but thought id post here as well.
    we have about 4-5 second hand tyre places in melbourne.
    unfortunatly they are spread out from one of town to the other.
    and when you ring asking general questions you get-[thick aussie bogan accent]"come down and have a look around mate we got plenty of everything you need."
    i went to one place in bayswater 3 weeks ago who assured me he had exactly what i need only to find he couldnt even match a set of 2 tyres that had the same tread depth or pattern .
    not only that but one was 185/55 the other was 195 /55.
    she'll be right mate.
    so im gonna check out the others and see if i have any better luck
    -BAZZ

Thread Information