Catalytic Converter For my V6
  • Register
  • Help

Default Catalytic Converter For my V6

Replaced the OE Cat on my V6 yesterday. The old one flows rather well- 500CFM as opposed to the new- 700CFM. Volume isn't effected all that much although there is a distinctive burble which differs from the droney hum that is used to be. There is a slight rasp over 4000Rpm both on the throttle and in over run but thats just the cat wearing in.Performance wise, it revs quicker and i havn't put on a dyno yet so we'll see what kind of ATW power we get.

http://www.hitechmufflers.com.au/

this is the company that made my full exhaust. Lambros is the owner and he really knows his stuff.

Advertisement

Give him a call if you want that famous Hi-tech growl and an excellent stainless dynoed system.

Tim

Yeah I know Lambrose too.

I am getting a pretty good hitech system (all stainless) from him soon, including Twin, high flow racing cats, high flow mufflers and very nice twin DTM tips, stainless all the way. Already been into the shop and got a quote and had a look at the systems he has on offer, as well as looking at some of the cars he has done.

His systems win awards at car shows, they are the most immaculate looking exhausts i have seen.

Getting the full engine back system done on my Bmer there in a week or 2.

Were you happy with the price, service, etc?
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by n b j

Were you happy with the price, service, etc?
    I got the cat back system a few months before the Cat and that was $1100 and the Cat was $550. 2.5" stainless two straight through mufflers and oval 4" tip. Because i live in Bathurst, i can go directly to the factory and get em to put it on there. no dyno but i trust lambros' judgment. $1650 for a full system mandrel bent stainless, with hi-flow Cat is a good price.

Plus he remembered who i was when i rang 3-4 months later.

i recomend hi-tech to everyone i know who want a proper exhaust.

Tim

Thread Information