wtb-mi 16 motor
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: wtb-mi 16 motor

Default wtb-mi 16 motor

at the risk of wheathering a cast of insults about putting yet another 405 mi 16 off the road ,im after an mi 16 engine for my 205 gti.
    please hold all opinions about this as i dont really want to debate the issue.
    out of a wreck would be fine.or a run down car.
    i want the engine to put on the stand and work on it slowly over the next year or so to bring it up to full reco.
    ultimatly i would like to swap my 8v engine but i dont think thats gonna happen.
    so if you have an engine that you want to sell thats not too expensive please contact me-BAZZ

Advertisement

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    at the risk of wheathering a cast of insults about putting yet another 405 mi 16 off the road ,im after an mi 16 engine for my 205 gti.
    please hold all opinions about this as i dont really want to debate the issue.
    out of a wreck would be fine.or a run down car.
    i want the engine to put on the stand and work on it slowly over the next year or so to bring it up to full reco.
    ultimatly i would like to swap my 8v engine but i dont think thats gonna happen.
    so if you have an engine that you want to sell thats not too expensive please contact me-BAZZ

Hi Bazz,

give BM spares a call, they usually do a changeover price on motors, they did it on mine, otherwise I think hayden has 2 at Pugwreck. He does good deals too.

Dave
    Last edited by David Shearer; 22nd September 2005 at 10:26 AM.
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    Hi Bazz,

give BM spares a call, they usually do a changeover price on motors, they did it on mine, otherwise I think hayden has 2 at Pugwreck. I think he does cash prices from time to time, don't quote me though.

Dave
    hayden is still on holidays i think as he s not answering the fone,bm have one but only want to sell it as a long motor[stripped of everything hanging off it]thanks for the reply-BAZZ

hayden is still on holidays i think as he s not answering the fone,bm have one but only want to sell it as a long motor[stripped of everything hanging off it]thanks for the reply-BAZZ
    bah humbug, find a BX there much cheaper (waits for the pot shots from the citroen owners)

seriousely though... send a essage of intrest to the wreackers listed on http://www.partslocator.com.au/ they currently have two Mi16's listed

Baz who are you getting to do the work? It's not as easy as some would have you believe and also not that easy to find someone reputable who is happy to do it at a reasonable price. If you are going to do it yourself then goodluck. I can see your post-count skyrocketing once the frustration kicks in
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus
    Baz who are you getting to do the work? It's not as easy as some would have you believe and also not that easy to find someone reputable who is happy to do it at a reasonable price. If you are going to do it yourself then goodluck. I can see your post-count skyrocketing once the frustration kicks in
    what i want is a mi 16 motor that i can tinkerwith on the stand .there are plenty of people ,well quite a few anyway who have done this and it couldnt be too much hassle.[ i have read every post on it].
    i beleive that for every problem there is a soloution.i try to look at things in a positive fashion and deal with problems as they arise.this is a good way to learn patience which i think is mandotory to doing a job like this.
    i am willing to do SLOWLY over the next year or so untill my current 8v needs work.
    the problem with most is they want it done yesterday.
    i think you need to look around abit more mate as there is three places i know of in melbourne that will install the engine for me and do the firewall mod and the inlet mod.
    i think your being too pessimistic mate.no offence meant-BAZZ

p.s frustration is a result of people who do not know how to do patience[lao tsu]-BAZZ

Ok Baz, let's not revisit my Philsophy major (and the countless others on here). Just meant that there might be some unexpected hassles. I wasn't in any rush, just did the numbers and the hassle was more than it's worth. The car was going to be raced but that's been reassessed now so a fully rebuilt 8v is going in instead.

Just trying to be the voice of reason rather than raining on your parade
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

Icon10

don't despair bazz,

hayden has a relaxed approach to answering the phone, and to work in general

keep trying him and you may get lucky.

cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

1000+ Posts

one doesnt need to touch the firewall at all.

cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v
    one doesnt need to touch the firewall at all.

cheers jr

uumm ,i seem to remember pictures posted by peter t when he had the extra clearance for the exhaust manifold cut out.??????-BAZZ

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus
    Ok Baz, let's not revisit my Philsophy major (and the countless others on here). Just meant that there might be some unexpected hassles. I wasn't in any rush, just did the numbers and the hassle was more than it's worth. The car was going to be raced but that's been reassessed now so a fully rebuilt 8v is going in instead.

Just trying to be the voice of reason rather than raining on your parade

no probs bob!!!.im gonna tinker around for a while-1-1/2 years before i put the motor in and will do it slowly as i have more money to play with.
    my motor is still goin strong but will put new one in instead of doin any further major mechanicles when and if they arise.if its still going strong when im ready for the mi 16 ,ill pop it in a go kart or something .ha ha ha ha -BAZZ

You need to cut the seam if you want to use the std. 205 GTi down pipe. I also highly recommend a shortened inlet manifold. I've just completed another car with a std. manifold, having to move the radiator fwd. There's just too many hassles if you want decent manifold/radiator clearance. Let me know if you want an exchange inlet manifold or an exhaust taper plate.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information