Wanted Dauphine Gordini Fibre Idler Gear
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Wanted Dauphine Gordini Fibre Idler Gear

I am in the process of rebuilding my Dauphine Gordini engine. As a result I am chasing the fibre idler gear. Does anyone have one? Or know of anyone who might? I am also looking for the original jack and tool kit if anyone knows of these in captivity. Please advise.

Thanks

Advertisement
    Last edited by glenough; 22nd December 2004 at 07:34 PM. Reason: missed word

I know a fellow in the 4CV group that lives at Ipswich in QLD, has made a few of these out of brass. They are may be a little louder, but work well and have been running in a number of 4CVs for 2 years. The fibre gears fail without notice. Even having an unworn one is no guarantee it will last. At least no valve damage occurrs if it fails.

Jim Andrews 07 3288 8175 Don't remember the price as I have a 16 motor in mine.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Quote Originally Posted by glenough
    I am in the process of rebuilding my Dauphine Gordini engine. As a result I am chasing the fibre idler gear. Does anyone have one? Or know of anyone who might? I am also looking for the original jack and tool kit if anyone knows of these in captivity. Please advise.

Thanks
    You could also check Melun Retro Passion - I've a feeling these are available. There's been one appearing and re-appearing on ebay for a few months now (mind you, the US seller thinks it is carbon fibre!!!).

I've a spare if you get desperate. You're welcome to "borrow" it to keep the rebuild going and get me another afterwards.

Finally, I've never had one break. Regular oil changes and good luck I suppose. They DO wear out thought, and will eventually fail (circulating junk right through the oil system if you don't clean the sump out thoroughly) and I've always replaced the thing if I've had the engine apart.

Cheers

JohnW

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks John and Allan, I`ve located one on Ebay from the guy who says they are carbon fibre. That should do the trick .still looking for an original jack and tool kit and suspect to be doing so for some time. Seasons greetings cheers

Thread Information